Justin Bieber's 'Worst Birthday' Ends Abruptly After Confrontation With Club Security
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.1 of 21
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 21
- Photo: JLN Photography/WENN3 of 21
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 21
- Photo: AG4/WENN5 of 21
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage6 of 21
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN7 of 21
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN8 of 21
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN9 of 21
- Photo: WeirPhotos / Splash News/Splash News10 of 21
- Photo: Palace Lee/Pacific Coast News11 of 21
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN12 of 21
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN13 of 21
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet14 of 21
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet15 of 21
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet16 of 21
- Photo: Palace Lee/Pacific Coast News17 of 21
- Photo: Paul J. Froggatt/Fame Flynet18 of 21
- Photo: Fame Flynet19 of 21
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP20 of 21
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Looks like Justin Bieber's happy birthday had a very unhappy ending. Shortly after heading out to celebrate turning 19 years old on Friday, the singer returned to Twitter with a short but telling summary of his night.
"Worst birthday," he tweeted to his more than 35 million followers. The tone of the message was in stark contrast with his excitement from earlier in the day, when he wrote, "Gonna be fun tonight. Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes. 19!"
So what went wrong? A source at London's Cirque du Soir, where the "Nothing Like Us" crooner was celebrating with friends including Will Smith's son Jaden Smith and British singer Ella-Paige Roberts Clarke, tells Us Weekly that there was a confrontation between Bieber's team and security at the venue. The source of the scuffle was Smith, who at 14 isn't old enough for the club scene.
"There was never any mention of Jaden being there, so when he showed up, it caused problems," the insider tells Us, noting that Bieber and his entourage were at the club for just 15 minutes or so before the incident. "They could have stayed if Jaden left, but Justin wanted to be loyal to his good friend."
The pop star's birthday wasn't a complete bust, though. One night earlier, he and his pals partied past dawn at the members-only after-hours club BLC (British Luxury Club) in London. From there, they headed to Edgware Road for some snacks before finally calling it a night at 6 a.m.
Later, before going to Cirque du Soir, Bieber went on a shopping spree at Selfridges, where he picked up some Christian Louboutin sneakers, Hermes accessories, and a ton of Balmain and Givenchy swag.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite