Diddy's son defends university scholarship award
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: CT2/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: Flashpoint/WENN/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: PN2/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Sean Combs' son Justin has hit back at critics of his college sports scholarship, insisting he worked hard to land the grant.
RELATED: Celeb BFFs We Wish Would Date
The promising American football star, 18, has been offered a full athletic scholarship to the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), prompting many to suggest the school should not be covering his education costs when his father is a multi-millionaire.
A UCLA spokesman has already defended school officials' decision to hand Justin the $54,000 prize - insisting the grant is paid for by ticket sales and not school funds - and now the budding sportsman has taken to Twitter.com to address the controversy himself.
RELATED: Celeb Quirks and Phobias
In a series of tweets, the teenager claims he is just as deserving as any other student to receive the grant, and he's not letting the negative reports interfere with his studies or his athletic dream.
He writes, "Regardless what the circumstances are, I put that work in!!!! PERIOD. Regardless of what you do in life every1 [sic] is gonna have their own opinion. Stay focused, keep that tunnel vision; never 4get [forget] why u started [sic]."
RELATED: Who Should Heidi Klum Date?
The rap mogul has yet to speak out about the scholarship, but Justin's mother, Misa Hylton, has taken to her Twitter blog to speak her mind, insisting her son's scholarship award will have no affect on need-based grants for other, less fortunate students.
She Tweets, "My Son is his own man. He will earn his own way through life. You want to penalize my son for working hard and putting education first? Shame on you. He deserves to be rewarded."
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
From Miranda and Orlando to the Jenners, see some of Hollywood's most amicable exes on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite