Diddy's son defends university scholarship award
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: CT2/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: Flashpoint/WENN/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: PN2/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Review: Bypasses Logic and Drives Straight to the PleasMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 9:58:01 AM
- Ratings: 'Rules of Engagement' Finale Down; 'Goodwin Games,' &amMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 9:27:40 AM
- MoviePass Temporarily Removes Wait List, in Advance of Busy Memorial Day WeekendMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 9:20:41 AM
- 'Behind the Candelabra' Review: Sex, Lies & the ClosetMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 9:04:22 AM
- VH1 Sets 'Gossip Table' For June 3MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 8:56:16 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Review: Bypasses Logic and Drives Straight to the Pleas
Sean Combs' son Justin has hit back at critics of his college sports scholarship, insisting he worked hard to land the grant.
RELATED: Celeb BFFs We Wish Would Date
The promising American football star, 18, has been offered a full athletic scholarship to the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), prompting many to suggest the school should not be covering his education costs when his father is a multi-millionaire.
A UCLA spokesman has already defended school officials' decision to hand Justin the $54,000 prize - insisting the grant is paid for by ticket sales and not school funds - and now the budding sportsman has taken to Twitter.com to address the controversy himself.
RELATED: Celeb Quirks and Phobias
In a series of tweets, the teenager claims he is just as deserving as any other student to receive the grant, and he's not letting the negative reports interfere with his studies or his athletic dream.
He writes, "Regardless what the circumstances are, I put that work in!!!! PERIOD. Regardless of what you do in life every1 [sic] is gonna have their own opinion. Stay focused, keep that tunnel vision; never 4get [forget] why u started [sic]."
RELATED: Who Should Heidi Klum Date?
The rap mogul has yet to speak out about the scholarship, but Justin's mother, Misa Hylton, has taken to her Twitter blog to speak her mind, insisting her son's scholarship award will have no affect on need-based grants for other, less fortunate students.
She Tweets, "My Son is his own man. He will earn his own way through life. You want to penalize my son for working hard and putting education first? Shame on you. He deserves to be rewarded."
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite