Justin Timberlake becomes another 'swatting' victim
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage3 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: JXC/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: Shelby Case/.7 of 19
- Photo: INB/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 19
- Photo: Ilpo Musto/Rex USA13 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: DS-ISM/PR/Rocstar/Fame Flynet16 of 19
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP17 of 19
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA18 of 19
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Justin Timberlake became a "swatting" victim this week after police responded to a hoax report suggesting four men had entered his Los Angeles home and fired off guns.
The latest incident, on Friday, came just a day after Rihanna's home in Pacific Palisades was targeted by a prank call drawing emergency services on a fake call-out, and two days after Sean "Diddy" Combs' estate was at the center of a fake report drama.
Officials at the Los Angeles Police Department have launched a new initiative to crackdown on crank callers who "swat" the homes of celebrities. Dispatchers are being trained to help identify when a prankster reports violence in a bid to stop calls diverting resources from responding to real crimes.
RELATED: The 20 worst boy band hairstyles
A 12-year-old boy was recently charged with making false threats about supposed incidents at the homes of Justin Bieber and actor Ashton Kutcher.
Other recent swatting targets have included Simon Cowell, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna's boyfriend Chris Brown and Tom Cruise. Singer/actress Selena Gomez fell victim to a similar hoax on Friday just hours after Timberlake was targeted.
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite