Kanye West Avoided Marriage Question Before Proposing to Kim Kardashian
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News1 of 22
- Photo: Getty Images North America2 of 22
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 22
- Photo: David Fishe/Rex USA4 of 22
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Instagram5 of 22
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet6 of 22
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks7 of 22
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA8 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 22
- Photo: @krisjenner/Instagram10 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 22
- Photo: @krisjenner/Twitter12 of 22
- Photo: Splash News13 of 22
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 22
- Photo: Twitter/WENN15 of 22
- Photo: Instagram16 of 22
- Photo: Invision/AP17 of 22
- Photo: WENN18 of 22
- Photo: WENN19 of 22
- Photo: @KendallJenner/Instagram20 of 22
- Photo: @krisjenner/Instagram21 of 22
More Celeb News
- 'Big Bang Theory' halts production amid contract negotiationsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 9:27:00 AM
- Michael Andreen Named SVP, Production at Fox InternationalMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 9:05:00 AM
- Ratings: NBC Tops Tuesday, 'Food Fighters' Rises From DebutMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:36:00 AM
- Richard Belzer's brother commits suicide - reportMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:20:50 AM
- APNewsBreak: Ventura passage to be cut from bookMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:12:08 AM
- 'Big Bang Theory' halts production amid contract negotiations
Close call! Kanye West managed to keep his romantic proposal for girlfriend Kim Kardashian completely under wraps until it happened -- but the surprise was almost spoiled just a few hours before he got down on one knee, when a couple of radio DJs put him on the spot and asked if he planned to marry the mother of his 4-month-old daughter, North.
"I just feel so blessed," the rapper said, clearly avoiding the question, during an interview with KMEL hosts Sana & Kimmie on Monday, Oct. 21, Kardashian's 33rd birthday. Then, smiling and looking away, he added, "I'm not answering those questions."
Other questions about the couple's relationship were fair game, though. In fact, the 36-year-old hip hop star -- who, as previously reported, proposed with an elaborate, carefully orchestrated production at San Francisco's AT&T Park on Monday -- couldn't wait to talk about how much he adores his reality star girlfriend.
"I have never loved any girl, other than my mother, as much as I love my girlfriend," he told the hosts of Kardashian, 33. (The "Black Skinhead" rapper's beloved mother, Dr. Donda West, passed away suddenly at age 58 in 2007 following a botched plastic surgery procedure.)
"I'm so happy to be with her, to live this life together, and -- with our relationship with God -- to be able to live forever in heaven together, and also to raise a strong family that communicates truth and beauty," he added.
Beauty, and fashion, are part of what bonds the happy couple together, he added. "This girl is one of the No. 1 designers in the world. I don't know exactly what her numbers are, but Sears does something like 300, 400 million a year," West said. "She's been spending her whole check on clothes since she was 16, just like me."
"That's the reason why both of us are the most influential," he continued. "I think me and my girl are extremely influential ... Nah, me and my girl are the most influential."
In West's eyes, at least, he and his fiancee are the ultimate power couple. He said he sees in her some of the characteristics that have made pal Jay Z such a pop culture icon.
"One of the reasons I did Watch the Throne with Jay wasn't just to do a dope album, which we did. It was because Jay Z has the best social skills of anyone that I knew at that time," he explained. "And I wanted to learn from him. I wanted to learn how to move in a room full of vultures ... just to knock the edge off and learn from Jay. And God has now given me another master of the social skills, my girl. She's like the No. 1 socialite in the world."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite