Kanye West rages about fashion choices in radio interview
- Photo: AP1 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: FilmMagic3 of 14
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 14
- Photo: Walik Goshorn/Retna Digital5 of 14
- Photo: 247PapsTV/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: Splash News7 of 14
- Photo: BT1/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: Getty Images North America9 of 14
- Photo: David Fishe/Rex USA10 of 14
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA11 of 14
- Photo: Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Dario Cantatore/Invision/Invision/AP13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Kanye West lost his temper during a satellite radio interview on Tuesday after longtime MTV host and reporter Sway Calloway offered the rapper fashion industry advice.
RELATED: Kim Kardashian's engagement style
The rap star was appearing on Calloway's "Shade 45" show on SiriusXM when he took offense to the host's line of questioning about his past attempts to break into the world of fashion.
Calloway suggested West should release his ideas himself and not rely on fashion house bosses to back him, prompting the temperamental rapper to scream, "How, Sway? You ain't got the answers, man! You ain't been doing the education."
As Calloway attempted to calm him down, West continued to rage and rant, stating, "You ain't spent $13 million of your own money trying to empower yourself."
The two men then started arguing on air about their fashion credentials with the rap star poking fun at the host's former clothing line, adding, "What's the name of your clothing line? We don't know."
They eventually calmed down and a more level-headed West told the radio host he feels marginalized by bosses of companies like sportswear brand Nike, who he recently cut ties with over the release of a new line the rapper had been working on.
RELATED: New pics of Kanye and Kim's daughter
He added, "The thing that compresses me is time versus money. Integrity, money and relevance. Because, as I work on clothing more, I'm not rapping as much ... and I'm not having as much finances. I'm losing relevancy. The relevancy is part of my power that allows my brand to be big. That's what I'm saying -- you juggle so crazy, and then you get a Nike that can simply say, 'The (Air) Yeezys (shoes) did good, that was a good job. Let me get you some more so you can start your own line because obviously people (are) lining up for it.'"
He continued, "But they'll marginalize and play you and talk about, 'We don't even know when the Red Octobers (new line) are coming out.'"
West recently signed a new deal with Nike's rival Adidas after falling out with the brand's bosses.
RELATED: Celebrity fashion faux pas
He also urged his fans to boycott Louis Vuitton during an appearance on 92.3 NOW radio station on Monday. The rapper is still upset by the fact Louis Vuitton boss Yves Carcelle refused to meet him the last time he was in Paris.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite