Kanye West says he'll marry Kim Kardashian next summer; wants fighter jets at wedding
- Photo: David Fishe/Rex USA1 of 13
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: @krisjenner/Instagram4 of 13
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet5 of 13
- Photo: TGB/Splash News6 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: GIA/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet10 of 13
- Photo: Lloyd Bishop/NBC11 of 13
- Photo: Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Jim Gaffigan's CBS Pilot Gets Series Order From TV LandMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Connection, Sons' Final Ride, and a Big Grey's DecisionMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Judd Apatow Hires 'South Park's' Pam Brady to Rewrite 'Business MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:36:00 PM
- CW's 'Flash' Adds 'Rake's' Kelly Frye as SuperMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:25:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WME
If you think Kanye West's proposal to Kim Kardashian was over the top, just wait for the wedding. On Oct. 28, the hip hop star stopped by radio station Power 106 for an interview with Big Boy Neighborhood, in which he hinted that there'd be some big surprises -- bigger than both the baseball stadium where he popped the question and Kardashian's massive diamond ring -- when he and his fiancée eventually tie the knot.
Confessing to Big Boy that the couple are aiming to marry sometime "next summer," the 36-year-old "Black Skinhead" rapper offered just one other tantalizing tease. "Two words," he said when asked about the wedding. "Fighter jets."
Given West's penchant for grand romantic gestures -- and his very high opinion of himself and "his girl" -- fighter jets might actually be within the realm of possibility. One thing is certain: It's going to take something pretty huge to top his marriage proposal at San Francisco's AT&T Park.
"I gotta apologize to the race of males for turning it up so much," the aspiring designer quipped of setting the bar so high for other men plotting their own proposals.
Asked whether he had any pre-proposal jitters, West admitted, "I was nervous a little bit. But more about everything being on cue."
"They didn't have the lights exactly how I wanted them to be," he added, noting that he and the technician he'd hired had argued over how "romantic" the ambience should be.
Indeed, West left no detail unattended to when he was planning the proposal. "[Kim] knew I was eventually going to ask her to marry me," he told Big Boy. "I just had to get that ring right. I worked with four different jewelers. Three rings were made and only one actually hit the finger. ... I actually changed the ring the night before. That ring was less than four hours old when I gave it to her."
(As previously reported, the hip hop star -- and dad to daughter North, 4 months, with Kardashian -- popped the question with a cushion-cut diamond ring by famed jeweler Lorraine Schwartz.)
"I wanted to marry that girl from the first time I saw her," West told Big Boy of the reality star, 33. "I just had to wait through a bunch of relationships to finally get my chance...It's just patience. You know with certain things, you're like, 'Yo, this is what's right for me, and this is what I should be doing.' And you gotta be patient."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite