Kanye West says he'll marry Kim Kardashian next summer; wants fighter jets at wedding
- Photo: David Fishe/Rex USA1 of 13
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: @krisjenner/Instagram4 of 13
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet5 of 13
- Photo: TGB/Splash News6 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: GIA/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet10 of 13
- Photo: Lloyd Bishop/NBC11 of 13
- Photo: Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Perez Hilton Starring in 'Gay Dads of New York' Reality ShowMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 11:03:52 AM
- Eddie Izzard Inks Talent Deal With NBC EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 10:45:09 AM
- Conan O'Brien Unlocks the Secret of the Kardashians' Krazy Christmas Card (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 10:39:07 AM
- Nigella Lawson Admits to Cocaine Use in UK CourtMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 10:37:57 AM
- 'Her' Named Year's Best by National Board of ReviewMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 10:15:57 AM
- Perez Hilton Starring in 'Gay Dads of New York' Reality Show
If you think Kanye West's proposal to Kim Kardashian was over the top, just wait for the wedding. On Oct. 28, the hip hop star stopped by radio station Power 106 for an interview with Big Boy Neighborhood, in which he hinted that there'd be some big surprises -- bigger than both the baseball stadium where he popped the question and Kardashian's massive diamond ring -- when he and his fiancée eventually tie the knot.
Confessing to Big Boy that the couple are aiming to marry sometime "next summer," the 36-year-old "Black Skinhead" rapper offered just one other tantalizing tease. "Two words," he said when asked about the wedding. "Fighter jets."
Given West's penchant for grand romantic gestures -- and his very high opinion of himself and "his girl" -- fighter jets might actually be within the realm of possibility. One thing is certain: It's going to take something pretty huge to top his marriage proposal at San Francisco's AT&T Park.
"I gotta apologize to the race of males for turning it up so much," the aspiring designer quipped of setting the bar so high for other men plotting their own proposals.
Asked whether he had any pre-proposal jitters, West admitted, "I was nervous a little bit. But more about everything being on cue."
"They didn't have the lights exactly how I wanted them to be," he added, noting that he and the technician he'd hired had argued over how "romantic" the ambience should be.
Indeed, West left no detail unattended to when he was planning the proposal. "[Kim] knew I was eventually going to ask her to marry me," he told Big Boy. "I just had to get that ring right. I worked with four different jewelers. Three rings were made and only one actually hit the finger. ... I actually changed the ring the night before. That ring was less than four hours old when I gave it to her."
(As previously reported, the hip hop star -- and dad to daughter North, 4 months, with Kardashian -- popped the question with a cushion-cut diamond ring by famed jeweler Lorraine Schwartz.)
"I wanted to marry that girl from the first time I saw her," West told Big Boy of the reality star, 33. "I just had to wait through a bunch of relationships to finally get my chance...It's just patience. You know with certain things, you're like, 'Yo, this is what's right for me, and this is what I should be doing.' And you gotta be patient."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Khloe Kardashian and more are spotted at Drake's concert in Los Angeles on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
See the first photos of Mario Lopez's newborn son, Dominic Lopez, on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite