Kanye West says he'll marry Kim Kardashian next summer; wants fighter jets at wedding
- Photo: David Fishe/Rex USA1 of 13
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: @krisjenner/Instagram4 of 13
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet5 of 13
- Photo: TGB/Splash News6 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: GIA/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet10 of 13
- Photo: Lloyd Bishop/NBC11 of 13
- Photo: Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novelMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:50:09 AM
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrestMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:42:39 AM
- Turner Plans Organizational Restructuring in Next Two MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Premiere to Feature Live 3D Red Carpet BroadcastMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 8:40:00 PM
- NFL's Super Bowl Halftime Show to Katy Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay: Show Me the Money!MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 7:25:00 PM
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novel
If you think Kanye West's proposal to Kim Kardashian was over the top, just wait for the wedding. On Oct. 28, the hip hop star stopped by radio station Power 106 for an interview with Big Boy Neighborhood, in which he hinted that there'd be some big surprises -- bigger than both the baseball stadium where he popped the question and Kardashian's massive diamond ring -- when he and his fiancée eventually tie the knot.
Confessing to Big Boy that the couple are aiming to marry sometime "next summer," the 36-year-old "Black Skinhead" rapper offered just one other tantalizing tease. "Two words," he said when asked about the wedding. "Fighter jets."
Given West's penchant for grand romantic gestures -- and his very high opinion of himself and "his girl" -- fighter jets might actually be within the realm of possibility. One thing is certain: It's going to take something pretty huge to top his marriage proposal at San Francisco's AT&T Park.
"I gotta apologize to the race of males for turning it up so much," the aspiring designer quipped of setting the bar so high for other men plotting their own proposals.
Asked whether he had any pre-proposal jitters, West admitted, "I was nervous a little bit. But more about everything being on cue."
"They didn't have the lights exactly how I wanted them to be," he added, noting that he and the technician he'd hired had argued over how "romantic" the ambience should be.
Indeed, West left no detail unattended to when he was planning the proposal. "[Kim] knew I was eventually going to ask her to marry me," he told Big Boy. "I just had to get that ring right. I worked with four different jewelers. Three rings were made and only one actually hit the finger. ... I actually changed the ring the night before. That ring was less than four hours old when I gave it to her."
(As previously reported, the hip hop star -- and dad to daughter North, 4 months, with Kardashian -- popped the question with a cushion-cut diamond ring by famed jeweler Lorraine Schwartz.)
"I wanted to marry that girl from the first time I saw her," West told Big Boy of the reality star, 33. "I just had to wait through a bunch of relationships to finally get my chance...It's just patience. You know with certain things, you're like, 'Yo, this is what's right for me, and this is what I should be doing.' And you gotta be patient."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite