Kanye West sued by injured videographer
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet1 of 17
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet2 of 17
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet3 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: FANA/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: GAJ/TMH/ZOJ/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet9 of 17
- Photo: AR4/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet11 of 17
- Photo: VPE/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA14 of 17
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA15 of 17
- Photo: ZWAB/SCCB/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
RELATED: The scoop on Kanye's wedding plans
On Wednesday, less than a week after felony charges against West over the July 19 fracas were dropped by officials working for the Los Angeles County District Attorney, Daniel Ramos and his attorney Gloria Allred staged a press conference to outline the legal action against the rapper.
Allred revealed there has been an investigation into the altercation and the case has been passed to the L.A. city attorney to consider possible misdemeanor charges against West.
Ramos told the gathered media representatives that he was still in pain a month after the "unprovoked" attack on him, and he has taken to using a cane to help him walk after spending "two weeks on crutches."
The videographer, who is a member of the Directors Guild of America and the Screen Actors Guild, stated he felt "terrified" and "threatened" when the rapper reportedly charged at him after he asked him an on-camera question outside LAX airport.
He told reporters, "I told him twice, 'I don't want to fight you.'"
RELATED: Stars throwing shade
Ramos was taken to hospital following his encounter with West and although Allred would not go into details about her client's injuries, she told reporters, "He's still in pain."
She also confirmed that she had alerted the rap star's legal representative and told him of the lawsuit, adding, "It will be important for Kanye to apologize. That would be a start. ... Kanye needs to do the right thing."
The lawyer also took issue with celebrities like Kirstie Alley and Cher, who applauded West for lashing out at a videographer on Twitter, stating Ramos was "simply trying to exercise his right to free speech."
The accuser added, "I was just trying to do my job," and added he was bringing the suit against West because, "I don't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else."
During the press conference, the footage Ramos shot of West as he allegedly attacked him was shown.
Get out the vote
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite