Kanye West sued by injured videographer
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet1 of 17
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet2 of 17
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet3 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: FANA/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: GAJ/TMH/ZOJ/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet9 of 17
- Photo: AR4/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet11 of 17
- Photo: VPE/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA14 of 17
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA15 of 17
- Photo: ZWAB/SCCB/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
RELATED: The scoop on Kanye's wedding plans
On Wednesday, less than a week after felony charges against West over the July 19 fracas were dropped by officials working for the Los Angeles County District Attorney, Daniel Ramos and his attorney Gloria Allred staged a press conference to outline the legal action against the rapper.
Allred revealed there has been an investigation into the altercation and the case has been passed to the L.A. city attorney to consider possible misdemeanor charges against West.
Ramos told the gathered media representatives that he was still in pain a month after the "unprovoked" attack on him, and he has taken to using a cane to help him walk after spending "two weeks on crutches."
The videographer, who is a member of the Directors Guild of America and the Screen Actors Guild, stated he felt "terrified" and "threatened" when the rapper reportedly charged at him after he asked him an on-camera question outside LAX airport.
He told reporters, "I told him twice, 'I don't want to fight you.'"
RELATED: Stars throwing shade
Ramos was taken to hospital following his encounter with West and although Allred would not go into details about her client's injuries, she told reporters, "He's still in pain."
She also confirmed that she had alerted the rap star's legal representative and told him of the lawsuit, adding, "It will be important for Kanye to apologize. That would be a start. ... Kanye needs to do the right thing."
The lawyer also took issue with celebrities like Kirstie Alley and Cher, who applauded West for lashing out at a videographer on Twitter, stating Ramos was "simply trying to exercise his right to free speech."
The accuser added, "I was just trying to do my job," and added he was bringing the suit against West because, "I don't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else."
During the press conference, the footage Ramos shot of West as he allegedly attacked him was shown.
Get out the vote
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite