Kanye West's lawyers respond to sex tape claim
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Hall/Pena/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 19
- Photo: WENN3 of 19
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet4 of 19
- Photo: Victoria Will, Invision Agency/.5 of 19
- Photo: Brad Barket/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: kimkardashain/Instagram7 of 19
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG8 of 19
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN9 of 19
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America10 of 19
- Photo: Kim Kardashian/Twitter11 of 19
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/TNYF/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: Kim Kardashian/Instagram13 of 19
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN14 of 19
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN15 of 19
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN17 of 19
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Lawyers representing Kanye West have fired off a cease and desist letter banning the publication of pictures and footage taken from a raunchy video which was allegedly stolen from the rapper's computer.
RELATED: 2012's Hottest Summer Couples
West's attorneys claim an intimate tape featuring the star was "illegally obtained" and "believed to have been stolen from Mr. West's computer."
They have sent out legal letters demanding all of the footage be removed from various internet sites because publication constitutes "violations of Mr. West's rights of privacy and publicity."
The letter from West's lawyer Lisa M. Buckley, obtained by Allhiphop.com, reads, "The screen shot as well as the tape from which the screen shot was taken, were illegally obtained and believed to have been stolen from Mr. West's computer. ... Posting, advertising, marketing, displaying and otherwise disseminating the stolen screen shot and/or other materials on the tape constitute actionable violations of Mr. West's privacy and publicity."
RELATED: New Celeb Couples: Will They Last?
The letter goes on to threaten legal action against anyone who publishes the images, and demands information about who has been offering the tape for sale.
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite