Karl Lagerfeld: Adele Is Too Fat
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/.7 of 9
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Susan Lyne to Exit Post as AOL Brand Group CEOMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:09:00 PM
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Publicity Team Apologizes for 'Headless Day' CamMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:45:00 PM
- IMG Names Karen Brodkin President of Business AffairsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:10:00 PM
- Netflix Launching Selective Facebook RecommendationsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 2:41:00 PM
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77
Talk about a backhanded compliment!
Famed fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld knows the fashion industry like the inside of a Chanel suit, but when it comes to being diplomatic about a woman's body shape, he could use a little help.
"The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice," the 78-year-old head designer and creative director for Chanel told Metro Paris on Monday about the "Someone Like You" songstress, 23.
The Parisian installment of the daily gratis paper also quizzed Lagerfeld on various current events, with M.I.A.'s middle finger during Sunday's Super Bowl performance with Madonna and Nicki Minaj being one of them.
"Nowadays people give the middle finger quite quickly -– it's not the best behavior," Lagerfeld said. "Everybody does that. What's new about that? It's just become a bad habit. People in magazines are 50 percent bimbo and 50 percent pregnant women."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Weekend
From Crowd Ignite