Karl Lagerfeld: Adele Is Too Fat
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/.7 of 9
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Talk about a backhanded compliment!
Famed fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld knows the fashion industry like the inside of a Chanel suit, but when it comes to being diplomatic about a woman's body shape, he could use a little help.
"The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice," the 78-year-old head designer and creative director for Chanel told Metro Paris on Monday about the "Someone Like You" songstress, 23.
The Parisian installment of the daily gratis paper also quizzed Lagerfeld on various current events, with M.I.A.'s middle finger during Sunday's Super Bowl performance with Madonna and Nicki Minaj being one of them.
"Nowadays people give the middle finger quite quickly -– it's not the best behavior," Lagerfeld said. "Everybody does that. What's new about that? It's just become a bad habit. People in magazines are 50 percent bimbo and 50 percent pregnant women."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite