Karl Lagerfeld: Adele Is Too Fat
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/.7 of 9
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Talk about a backhanded compliment!
Famed fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld knows the fashion industry like the inside of a Chanel suit, but when it comes to being diplomatic about a woman's body shape, he could use a little help.
"The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice," the 78-year-old head designer and creative director for Chanel told Metro Paris on Monday about the "Someone Like You" songstress, 23.
The Parisian installment of the daily gratis paper also quizzed Lagerfeld on various current events, with M.I.A.'s middle finger during Sunday's Super Bowl performance with Madonna and Nicki Minaj being one of them.
"Nowadays people give the middle finger quite quickly -– it's not the best behavior," Lagerfeld said. "Everybody does that. What's new about that? It's just become a bad habit. People in magazines are 50 percent bimbo and 50 percent pregnant women."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite