Katherine Jackson Breaks Her Silence
- Photo: NLA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: AP1/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: CWB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: AD3/http://www.wenn.com/6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Warner Bros. Eyes Ryan Gosling, Russell Crowe Noir Movie 'The Nice Guys'MSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:40:00 PM
- Gary Oldman in Talks to Join Kevin Costner in Ariel Vroman's 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:36:00 PM
- 'Getting On' Creators Credit HBO Go for Staying on the AirMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Jon Daly Joins Zach Galifianakis, Kristen Wiig in Armored Car Heist ComedyMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Fox Announces Premiere Dates for Gotham, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and MoreMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 3:59:00 PM
- Warner Bros. Eyes Ryan Gosling, Russell Crowe Noir Movie 'The Nice Guys'
By Raphael Chestang
Entertainment Tonight -- Following a judge's ruling today that granted Tito Jackson's son, TJ, temporary guardianship of Michael Jackson's children, Katherine Jackson is telling her side of the story in an exclusive interview with ABC News.
"I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home," says the 82-year-old matriarch.
Katherine alleges that the court ruling was "based on a bunch of lies," saying that her controversial trip to the Miraval Resort & Spa in Arizona was a "short vacation and rest."
"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," she says. "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."
In addressing the burning question of why she hadn't spoken with her grandchildren while she was away, Katherine states, "One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."
Katherine's attorney, Perry Sanders Jr., tells ET that he will meet with her when she arrives in Los Angeles either tonight or tomorrow morning. The two plan to "go over what happened and immediately file a motion to reinstate her as guardian to the Jackson kids."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBoob Job?
From Crowd Ignite