Katherine Jackson wants $40 billion in wrongful death trial
- Photo: Reed Saxon/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: NLA/ZOJ/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: CWB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
Michael Jackson's mother is demanding a massive $40 billion from concert promoters AEG for the King Of Pop's death.
The superstar's mother Katherine filed a wrongful death lawsuit against AEG Live in 2010, claiming the giants behind her son's doomed comeback shows were negligent in ignoring life-threatening health concerns going on behind closed doors.
Last month, a judge ruled the case will go to trial -- and now newly obtained legal papers suggest Katherine wants the entertainment executives to pay in excess of $40 billion.
According to TMZ.com, the documents stipulate that Jackson's three kids should have $10 billion for all future earnings their father would have generated, and an additional $50 million for various other damages. The website reports AEG Live officials say the damage claim is "preposterous" as the "Thriller" hitmaker's career had been badly damaged by child molestation allegations.
Katherine will go to trial on April 2 over allegations AEG Live executives negligently hired and supervised Conrad Murray, the doctor who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Katy Perry and John Mayer to Paula Patton and Robin Thicke, get the scoop on all the breakups in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the rumors surrounding Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite