Katherine Jackson wants $40 billion in wrongful death trial
- Photo: Reed Saxon/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: NLA/ZOJ/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: CWB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Michael Jackson's mother is demanding a massive $40 billion from concert promoters AEG for the King Of Pop's death.
The superstar's mother Katherine filed a wrongful death lawsuit against AEG Live in 2010, claiming the giants behind her son's doomed comeback shows were negligent in ignoring life-threatening health concerns going on behind closed doors.
Last month, a judge ruled the case will go to trial -- and now newly obtained legal papers suggest Katherine wants the entertainment executives to pay in excess of $40 billion.
According to TMZ.com, the documents stipulate that Jackson's three kids should have $10 billion for all future earnings their father would have generated, and an additional $50 million for various other damages. The website reports AEG Live officials say the damage claim is "preposterous" as the "Thriller" hitmaker's career had been badly damaged by child molestation allegations.
Katherine will go to trial on April 2 over allegations AEG Live executives negligently hired and supervised Conrad Murray, the doctor who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite