Katherine Jackson wants $40 billion in wrongful death trial
- Photo: Reed Saxon/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: NLA/ZOJ/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: CWB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: Naked DatingMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:22:00 AM
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise Thanks to 'Spider-Man 2' and '22 Jump Street&aMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 5:37:00 AM
- New York Times Issues Response to Wikipedia Plagiarism ChargeMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:16:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Scores With Outrageous Twitter ReactionsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:56:00 PM
- Justin Bieber Mocks Orlando Bloom With Weepy Photo: Hollywood Twitter Takes the BaitMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:29:00 PM
- Watch This Tonight: Naked Dating
Michael Jackson's mother is demanding a massive $40 billion from concert promoters AEG for the King Of Pop's death.
The superstar's mother Katherine filed a wrongful death lawsuit against AEG Live in 2010, claiming the giants behind her son's doomed comeback shows were negligent in ignoring life-threatening health concerns going on behind closed doors.
Last month, a judge ruled the case will go to trial -- and now newly obtained legal papers suggest Katherine wants the entertainment executives to pay in excess of $40 billion.
According to TMZ.com, the documents stipulate that Jackson's three kids should have $10 billion for all future earnings their father would have generated, and an additional $50 million for various other damages. The website reports AEG Live officials say the damage claim is "preposterous" as the "Thriller" hitmaker's career had been badly damaged by child molestation allegations.
Katherine will go to trial on April 2 over allegations AEG Live executives negligently hired and supervised Conrad Murray, the doctor who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite