Katherine Jackson wants $40 billion in wrongful death trial
- Photo: Reed Saxon/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: NLA/ZOJ/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: CWB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:17:18 AM
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurchMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:01:13 AM
- Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUIMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:56:21 PM
- Cameraman recounts Crocodile Hunter's last momentsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:42:26 PM
- 'Need for Speed' Review: Aaron Paul Can't Get This Vehicle Off the LotMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:30:00 PM
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inductees
Michael Jackson's mother is demanding a massive $40 billion from concert promoters AEG for the King Of Pop's death.
The superstar's mother Katherine filed a wrongful death lawsuit against AEG Live in 2010, claiming the giants behind her son's doomed comeback shows were negligent in ignoring life-threatening health concerns going on behind closed doors.
Last month, a judge ruled the case will go to trial -- and now newly obtained legal papers suggest Katherine wants the entertainment executives to pay in excess of $40 billion.
According to TMZ.com, the documents stipulate that Jackson's three kids should have $10 billion for all future earnings their father would have generated, and an additional $50 million for various other damages. The website reports AEG Live officials say the damage claim is "preposterous" as the "Thriller" hitmaker's career had been badly damaged by child molestation allegations.
Katherine will go to trial on April 2 over allegations AEG Live executives negligently hired and supervised Conrad Murray, the doctor who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite