Katy on Russell: "We love each other and we desperately want to be with each other"
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News1 of 10
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 10
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 10
- Photo: Pacific Coast News4 of 10
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: Barcroft/Fame Pictures6 of 10
- Photo: Promotional7 of 10
- Photo: Hammond / Despois/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
By Brenda Rodriguez with reporting by Scott Huver
It's gonna be a White Wedding for Katy Perry -- well, at least on her new album. But we're hoping Billy Idol's classic '80s song inspires her real-life nuptials to Russell Brand. The pop star spoke exclusively to Wonderwall on Saturday at the 3rd Annual Art of Elysium Charity Black Tie Gala about her romantic fiancé, going with the flow and how a water bottle incident made it all happen.
So, we've got to know: Is Russell a groomzilla?
"No, not at all. We're actually very go with the flow, both of us. Yeah, we love each other and we desperately want to be with each other, so we're going to take it as we come."
Are you hoping to make it legal as quickly as you can?
"I think the right time will be the right time."
RELATED: See more photos of Katy
Is Russell inspiring any of your new music right now? Have you written some songs about him?
"Oh yes. Oh yeah. Of course. Quite a few, actually. He's the most romantic man I've ever been in contact with – ever! I didn't think anyone could ever live up to that."
RELATED: Learn more about Russell
Were you gobsmacked at your first meeting or did you have your eye on him for a bit from afar?
"I threw an empty water bottle at his head across Radio City Music Hall at the VMAs and it hit him straight in the head and I said 'Hiiiiiiii!!' And from then on it's always been like 'Oh God…' [Laughs] So thanks, empty water bottle."
Maybe do that again at the wedding, for the final seal of the bond.
You seem genuinely thrilled to be together.
"Humor is a very big part of our lives, and when things get difficult, we just have a laugh."
Good luck you crazy kids! Hope to see you on the red carpet at the 2010 Golden Globes.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite