Katy Perry and John Mayer wear matching patriotic outfits
- Photo: Instagram1 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Heather Lang/.3 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Daniel Gibbings Jewelry/Pacific Coast News5 of 12
- Photo: Celebrity Press International/Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: Carolyn Kaster/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet8 of 12
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet10 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
Independence Day sweethearts! Katy Perry celebrated the Fourth of July this year with her on-again, off-again boyfriend John Mayer. The "Firework" singer posted a photo on Instagram of herself and Mayer wearing matching patriotic outfits on Thursday.
In the adorable photo, Perry, 28, styles an American flag top, while Mayer, 35, sports a blue shirt with white stars. With their backs to the camera, they give each other a big hug. "Whose broad stripes and bright stars?!" Perry captioned the snapshot.
An eyewitness tells Us Weekly that the pop superstar cheered on the "Paper Doll" singer while he performed at the Philly 4th of July Jam at Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia. "She watched him perform [from] offstage and watched every second of his performance, singing along to every song and dancing," the source tells Us. "She was so into his performance and gave him a big hug and kiss when he finished afterwards."
"She seemed all about him," the insider added.
In the July issue of Vogue, Perry opened up about her relationship with Mayer. The two were broken up at the time of her interview. "I was madly in love with him. I still am madly in love with him," she said. "All I can say about that relationship is that he's got a beautiful mind. Beautiful mind, tortured soul. I do have to figure out why I am attracted to these broken birds."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite