Katy Perry and John Mayer wear matching patriotic outfits
- Photo: Instagram1 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Heather Lang/.3 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Daniel Gibbings Jewelry/Pacific Coast News5 of 12
- Photo: Celebrity Press International/Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: Carolyn Kaster/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet8 of 12
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet10 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence RemarksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:59:00 PM
- FCC Takes Aim at Time Warner Cable in Dodgers DisputeMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:50:00 PM
- CW's Arrow Finds Its Wildcat in J.R. RamirezMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:40:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest QuarterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:12:00 PM
- FXX's 'The League' Gets Season 6 Premiere DateMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:59:00 PM
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence Remarks
Independence Day sweethearts! Katy Perry celebrated the Fourth of July this year with her on-again, off-again boyfriend John Mayer. The "Firework" singer posted a photo on Instagram of herself and Mayer wearing matching patriotic outfits on Thursday.
In the adorable photo, Perry, 28, styles an American flag top, while Mayer, 35, sports a blue shirt with white stars. With their backs to the camera, they give each other a big hug. "Whose broad stripes and bright stars?!" Perry captioned the snapshot.
An eyewitness tells Us Weekly that the pop superstar cheered on the "Paper Doll" singer while he performed at the Philly 4th of July Jam at Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia. "She watched him perform [from] offstage and watched every second of his performance, singing along to every song and dancing," the source tells Us. "She was so into his performance and gave him a big hug and kiss when he finished afterwards."
"She seemed all about him," the insider added.
In the July issue of Vogue, Perry opened up about her relationship with Mayer. The two were broken up at the time of her interview. "I was madly in love with him. I still am madly in love with him," she said. "All I can say about that relationship is that he's got a beautiful mind. Beautiful mind, tortured soul. I do have to figure out why I am attracted to these broken birds."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite