Katy Perry didn't drink alcohol for three months, went on cleanse to prep for Vogue cover
- Photo: Bridow/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Theo Kingma/Rex USA2 of 10
- Photo: JXA/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 10
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks5 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
It's not easy being a Vogue cover girl! While taking to Jay Leno on Friday, Katy Perry admitted that the July issue photo spread -- shot by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz -- required intense preparation.
"I did a lot of my own prepping," the "Wide Awake" singer, 28, said of the cover that was shot on a farm in Upstate New York. "I kind of went on a cleanse, I did a lot of stuff like vitamins and supplements, I changed my coffee to green tea, I didn't drink alcohol for three months."
"I was really in the zone, I just wanted to be glowing for that cover," she continued.
Despite the regimen, Perry seemed pleased with the end result -- sharing how "amazing" it was to work with Leibovitz. "She's incredible," she said. "It was really fantastic working with her. She [has] such a great vibe, she's got no ego which is fantastic, and she really let's me be creative as well."
Perry, who voices Smurfette in the upcoming July 31 "Smurfs 2" movie, also opened up about the vibe of her upcoming album, which she said will debut "soon."
"I've had a lot of time to reflect, and I think that it will continually be what I always do -- connecting to my core and trying to bring an honest message that people can relate to," she said.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMoving On
From Crowd Ignite