Katy Perry didn't drink alcohol for three months, went on cleanse to prep for Vogue cover
- Photo: Bridow/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Theo Kingma/Rex USA2 of 10
- Photo: JXA/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 10
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks5 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
It's not easy being a Vogue cover girl! While taking to Jay Leno on Friday, Katy Perry admitted that the July issue photo spread -- shot by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz -- required intense preparation.
"I did a lot of my own prepping," the "Wide Awake" singer, 28, said of the cover that was shot on a farm in Upstate New York. "I kind of went on a cleanse, I did a lot of stuff like vitamins and supplements, I changed my coffee to green tea, I didn't drink alcohol for three months."
"I was really in the zone, I just wanted to be glowing for that cover," she continued.
Despite the regimen, Perry seemed pleased with the end result -- sharing how "amazing" it was to work with Leibovitz. "She's incredible," she said. "It was really fantastic working with her. She [has] such a great vibe, she's got no ego which is fantastic, and she really let's me be creative as well."
Perry, who voices Smurfette in the upcoming July 31 "Smurfs 2" movie, also opened up about the vibe of her upcoming album, which she said will debut "soon."
"I've had a lot of time to reflect, and I think that it will continually be what I always do -- connecting to my core and trying to bring an honest message that people can relate to," she said.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
From Gwen Stefani to Britney Spears, check out some of the best all-time style moments from the Teen Choice Awards.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Kerry Washington and more stars who've married football stars.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJ.Law Green Light
From Crowd Ignite