Katy Perry Disses Beyonce, Talks Rihanna Duet
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin4 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Denis Guignebourg/StarTraks6 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 14
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks8 of 14
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks10 of 14
- Photo: MARIO MAGNANI/Bauer-Griffin11 of 14
- Photo: MARIO MAGNANI/Bauer-Griffin12 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale ShoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:11:00 AM
- Ratings: CBS Wins as 'Idol' Hits Another LowMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:53:00 AM
- What 'True Detective' Creator Learned From Co-Writing That Despised 'KillMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:16:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Slices Up $3.3 Million Thursday OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:10:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale Sho
Perry, 27, is in the midst of planning a duet with her BFF Rihanna. "We've collaborated on a lot of things, but just not songs yet," the "Part of Me" singer said. "It's one of those things that's got so much build up that we have to deliver."
And Perry she knows just what she doesn't want the song to sound like. "I want it to be like that Eurythmics and Aretha Franklin song 'Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves,'" she said of a classic female empowerment tune from 1985. "Not 'Beautiful Liar.'"
"Beautiful Liar" would be Beyonce's smash 2007 collaboration with Shakira, which hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
Perry added of her not-yet-record Rihanna ditty: "How disappointed would you be if that song came out and it's no good? Sometimes you have to wait for greatness."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite