Katy Perry Disses Beyonce, Talks Rihanna Duet
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin4 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Denis Guignebourg/StarTraks6 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 14
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks8 of 14
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks10 of 14
- Photo: MARIO MAGNANI/Bauer-Griffin11 of 14
- Photo: MARIO MAGNANI/Bauer-Griffin12 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Perry, 27, is in the midst of planning a duet with her BFF Rihanna. "We've collaborated on a lot of things, but just not songs yet," the "Part of Me" singer said. "It's one of those things that's got so much build up that we have to deliver."
And Perry she knows just what she doesn't want the song to sound like. "I want it to be like that Eurythmics and Aretha Franklin song 'Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves,'" she said of a classic female empowerment tune from 1985. "Not 'Beautiful Liar.'"
"Beautiful Liar" would be Beyonce's smash 2007 collaboration with Shakira, which hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
Perry added of her not-yet-record Rihanna ditty: "How disappointed would you be if that song came out and it's no good? Sometimes you have to wait for greatness."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite