Katy Perry: 'Fame is disgusting'
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP1 of 22
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks3 of 22
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin4 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 22
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage7 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage8 of 22
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks9 of 22
- Photo: AB1/WENN10 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 22
- Photo: @B_Giabiconi/Twitter12 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks14 of 22
- Photo: WENN15 of 22
- Photo: Facebook/.16 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks17 of 22
- Photo: Picasa/WENN18 of 22
- Photo: Capitol/Promotional19 of 22
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage20 of 22
- Photo: WENN/Bauer-Griffin21 of 22
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Katy Perry despises the fame her chart success has brought her, insisting it's a "disgusting by-product" of what she does.
RELATED: Katy and more funny celebs
Perry has endured a tough few months following the breakdown of her 14-month marriage to comedian Russell Brand in December and she admits she's sick of critics commenting on her personal life.
She tells Teen Vogue magazine, "I’m tired of being famous already! But I’m not tired of creating. Fame is, I think, just a disgusting by-product of what I do.
"It’s quite a delicate creature -- it’s a wild animal of sorts. It can love you, and then it can attack you. ... But really, I stopped focusing on what other people think a while ago. If you try to be everything to everyone, you'll only end up completely confused."
Perry admits she wants to continue to be "as approachable and relatable as possible", but she can't understand why some devotees break down in tears when they meet her.
She says, "When I meet fans and they’re crying, I’ll say, ‘Calm down, there’s nothing to cry about. I’m not going to bite you or attack you or grant you three wishes. Let’s just hang out and have a good time.'"
RELATED: Over-the-top celeb friends
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite