Katy Perry: 'Fame is disgusting'
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP1 of 22
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks3 of 22
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin4 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 22
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage7 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage8 of 22
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks9 of 22
- Photo: AB1/WENN10 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 22
- Photo: @B_Giabiconi/Twitter12 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks14 of 22
- Photo: WENN15 of 22
- Photo: Facebook/.16 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks17 of 22
- Photo: Picasa/WENN18 of 22
- Photo: Capitol/Promotional19 of 22
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage20 of 22
- Photo: WENN/Bauer-Griffin21 of 22
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Katy Perry despises the fame her chart success has brought her, insisting it's a "disgusting by-product" of what she does.
RELATED: Katy and more funny celebs
Perry has endured a tough few months following the breakdown of her 14-month marriage to comedian Russell Brand in December and she admits she's sick of critics commenting on her personal life.
She tells Teen Vogue magazine, "I’m tired of being famous already! But I’m not tired of creating. Fame is, I think, just a disgusting by-product of what I do.
"It’s quite a delicate creature -- it’s a wild animal of sorts. It can love you, and then it can attack you. ... But really, I stopped focusing on what other people think a while ago. If you try to be everything to everyone, you'll only end up completely confused."
Perry admits she wants to continue to be "as approachable and relatable as possible", but she can't understand why some devotees break down in tears when they meet her.
She says, "When I meet fans and they’re crying, I’ll say, ‘Calm down, there’s nothing to cry about. I’m not going to bite you or attack you or grant you three wishes. Let’s just hang out and have a good time.'"
RELATED: Over-the-top celeb friends
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite