Katy Perry: 'Fame is disgusting'
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP1 of 22
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks3 of 22
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin4 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 22
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage7 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage8 of 22
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks9 of 22
- Photo: AB1/WENN10 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 22
- Photo: @B_Giabiconi/Twitter12 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks14 of 22
- Photo: WENN15 of 22
- Photo: Facebook/.16 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks17 of 22
- Photo: Picasa/WENN18 of 22
- Photo: Capitol/Promotional19 of 22
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage20 of 22
- Photo: WENN/Bauer-Griffin21 of 22
More Celeb News
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debutMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:45:21 AM
- Wes Anderson 'Grand Budapest Hotel' Books Huge Limited Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:03:00 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
Katy Perry despises the fame her chart success has brought her, insisting it's a "disgusting by-product" of what she does.
RELATED: Katy and more funny celebs
Perry has endured a tough few months following the breakdown of her 14-month marriage to comedian Russell Brand in December and she admits she's sick of critics commenting on her personal life.
She tells Teen Vogue magazine, "I’m tired of being famous already! But I’m not tired of creating. Fame is, I think, just a disgusting by-product of what I do.
"It’s quite a delicate creature -- it’s a wild animal of sorts. It can love you, and then it can attack you. ... But really, I stopped focusing on what other people think a while ago. If you try to be everything to everyone, you'll only end up completely confused."
Perry admits she wants to continue to be "as approachable and relatable as possible", but she can't understand why some devotees break down in tears when they meet her.
She says, "When I meet fans and they’re crying, I’ll say, ‘Calm down, there’s nothing to cry about. I’m not going to bite you or attack you or grant you three wishes. Let’s just hang out and have a good time.'"
RELATED: Over-the-top celeb friends
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
A pregnant Soleil Moon Frye sits down with Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner to talk about prepping for a baby boy and her busy career ...Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey does her best impression of a mermaid on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite