Katy Perry: 'Fame is disgusting'
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP1 of 22
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks3 of 22
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin4 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 22
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage7 of 22
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage8 of 22
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks9 of 22
- Photo: AB1/WENN10 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 22
- Photo: @B_Giabiconi/Twitter12 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks14 of 22
- Photo: WENN15 of 22
- Photo: Facebook/.16 of 22
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks17 of 22
- Photo: Picasa/WENN18 of 22
- Photo: Capitol/Promotional19 of 22
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage20 of 22
- Photo: WENN/Bauer-Griffin21 of 22
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Katy Perry despises the fame her chart success has brought her, insisting it's a "disgusting by-product" of what she does.
RELATED: Katy and more funny celebs
Perry has endured a tough few months following the breakdown of her 14-month marriage to comedian Russell Brand in December and she admits she's sick of critics commenting on her personal life.
She tells Teen Vogue magazine, "I’m tired of being famous already! But I’m not tired of creating. Fame is, I think, just a disgusting by-product of what I do.
"It’s quite a delicate creature -- it’s a wild animal of sorts. It can love you, and then it can attack you. ... But really, I stopped focusing on what other people think a while ago. If you try to be everything to everyone, you'll only end up completely confused."
Perry admits she wants to continue to be "as approachable and relatable as possible", but she can't understand why some devotees break down in tears when they meet her.
She says, "When I meet fans and they’re crying, I’ll say, ‘Calm down, there’s nothing to cry about. I’m not going to bite you or attack you or grant you three wishes. Let’s just hang out and have a good time.'"
RELATED: Over-the-top celeb friends
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite