Katy Perry: I texted Kristen Stewart about hanging out with Robert Pattinson
- Photo: Bridow/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Paul Drinkwater/NBC2 of 13
- Photo: MAXA /Landov/.3 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Reuters5 of 13
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/Abaca/StarTraks6 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: THOMAS PETER/Reuters9 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: GTA/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: MWB/BSB/EXP/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Katy Perry isn't taking sides in Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson's breakup. The 28-year-old singer found herself in the middle of some relationship rumors when she started spending time with Pattinson following the very public May split, but Perry explains to the September issue of ELLE UK that it was never as salacious as it seemed.
"I sent her a text message saying: 'I know you've seen all this stuff but you know I would never disrespect you. I'm not that person,'" Perry recalls (via MTV UK) of rumors linking her romantically to the "Twilight" heartthrob. "'I'm just trying to be a friend to him but it is unfortunate that I do have a set of t--s."
Perry and Pattinson, 27, have been close friends for a long time and the "Cosmopolis" actor even helped the pop superstar through her divorce from Russell Brand in early 2012. A source told Us Weekly that Pattinson would support her by keeping in touch with calls and text messages. "He's just checking in on her," the insider told Us. "It's not romantic at all. They're friends." Perry then returned the favor when Pattinson and Stewart, 23, ended their four-year relationship in May, nearly one year after the actress' shocking fling with director Rupert Sanders.
After all, Perry has had her own post-divorce relationship drama to deal with. The "Part of Me" singer has had an on-again, off-again romance with John Mayer since her divorce from Brand was finalized in February 2012. The musicians recently called it quits in March 2013, but reconciled in June.
"He pulled away. That was a big hello for me," Perry explains of the earlier breakup. "I realized I could lose the person I loved and I had to deal with some things, issues I think a lot of women have. You can be strong in one aspect of your life but submissive in another."
"In relationships, it was hard for me to speak up and set boundaries," she shares. "I think a lot of that was to do with the fear of loss."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Lovin'
From Crowd Ignite