Katy Perry: My beauty routine 'spans an hour and a half'
- Photo: Bridow/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Heather Lang/.3 of 12
- Photo: MAXA /Landov/.4 of 12
- Photo: DS/Rocstar/Fame Flynet5 of 12
- Photo: Theo Kingma/Rex USA6 of 12
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks7 of 12
- Photo: Wonderwall8 of 12
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks9 of 12
- Photo: JXA/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Even Katy Perry doesn't wake up looking like Katy Perry. In an interview with Women's Wear Daily this week to promote her new fragrance, debuting in August, the "Firework" singer, 28, admitted that it takes her around 90 minutes to complete her normal beauty routine.
"I'm a product whore. I have a regimen that spans an hour and a half, and nothing goes out of order," she said, admitting that it could be difficult to do when "sleeping over at a new boyfriend's house." (Fortunately for her, she and on-again love John Mayer are past that point.)
Perry isn't hiding behind her makeup, though. "I spoke one time at a songwriting thing, and the kids were asking me questions about being an artist," she recalled. "[I told them] all the costumes and the glitter and the glitz and glam is great, but if you don't have the talent, you just look like a freak."
"This is how I view my career: not as a ticking bomb," she said. "A lot of people do things out of fear. A lot of people make choices [based on thinking] they won't have a career in five years. I know where I am; I know what I do is worth something and does not have an expiration date on it. I'm not making choices -- in any capacity of my life, with any kind of endorsement, with any kind of product -- out of fear."
In fact, Perry told WWD, she feels like she's just getting started. Explaining how the name of her new fragrance, Killer Queen, came to be, she noted: "Killer Queen has been in my vocabulary since I was 15, because of the song 'Killer Queen' by Queen. Freddie Mercury painted the lyrics of this woman who I wanted to be. She seemed very powerful, and she captivated a room when she walked in."
"I named my company Killer Queen after those lyrics," she continued. "I feel like, after all this time, it was appropriate to use that name in association with something I did. I feel like I'm falling, finally, into that woman Freddie painted."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite