Katy Perry: My beauty routine 'spans an hour and a half'
- Photo: Bridow/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Heather Lang/.3 of 12
- Photo: MAXA /Landov/.4 of 12
- Photo: DS/Rocstar/Fame Flynet5 of 12
- Photo: Theo Kingma/Rex USA6 of 12
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks7 of 12
- Photo: Wonderwall8 of 12
- Photo: KRUG/OHLENBOSTEL/StarTraks9 of 12
- Photo: JXA/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 12
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Even Katy Perry doesn't wake up looking like Katy Perry. In an interview with Women's Wear Daily this week to promote her new fragrance, debuting in August, the "Firework" singer, 28, admitted that it takes her around 90 minutes to complete her normal beauty routine.
"I'm a product whore. I have a regimen that spans an hour and a half, and nothing goes out of order," she said, admitting that it could be difficult to do when "sleeping over at a new boyfriend's house." (Fortunately for her, she and on-again love John Mayer are past that point.)
Perry isn't hiding behind her makeup, though. "I spoke one time at a songwriting thing, and the kids were asking me questions about being an artist," she recalled. "[I told them] all the costumes and the glitter and the glitz and glam is great, but if you don't have the talent, you just look like a freak."
"This is how I view my career: not as a ticking bomb," she said. "A lot of people do things out of fear. A lot of people make choices [based on thinking] they won't have a career in five years. I know where I am; I know what I do is worth something and does not have an expiration date on it. I'm not making choices -- in any capacity of my life, with any kind of endorsement, with any kind of product -- out of fear."
In fact, Perry told WWD, she feels like she's just getting started. Explaining how the name of her new fragrance, Killer Queen, came to be, she noted: "Killer Queen has been in my vocabulary since I was 15, because of the song 'Killer Queen' by Queen. Freddie Mercury painted the lyrics of this woman who I wanted to be. She seemed very powerful, and she captivated a room when she walked in."
"I named my company Killer Queen after those lyrics," she continued. "I feel like, after all this time, it was appropriate to use that name in association with something I did. I feel like I'm falling, finally, into that woman Freddie painted."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHeating Up!
From Crowd Ignite