Katy Perry selling mansion she bought with Russell Brand for $6.925 million
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage.com1 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Wire Image/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Twitter8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Andy Cohen Dishes on Five Years of Watch What Happens LiveMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:01:00 AM
- US Television Productions in Israel Working Under Threat of Rocket AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 1:39:00 AM
- 'Big Brother': Everything Blows Up at Volatile Power of Veto MeetingMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 12:58:00 AM
- Emmy Nominations: TheWrap's Live BlogMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 8:47:00 PM
- Party Report: 7 Days in a McMansion Hulu Shot "Real Housewives" Spoof "MSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 7:17:00 PM
- Andy Cohen Dishes on Five Years of Watch What Happens Live
Katy Perry is finally getting rid of the last vestiges of her marriage to Russell Brand. Nine months after the pair finalized their July 2012 divorce, the singer is selling the Hollywood Hills mansion they bought together shortly before news of their split went public. According to real estate site Zillow, Perry had been trying to sell the 1920s-era home quietly but is now listing it publicly for $6.925 million.
Records indicate that the former lovebirds, who wed in October 2010, purchased the property for $6.5 million in June 2011. They reportedly planned to redo it and then move in, but those plans were scrapped when Brand filed for divorce six months later.
Built in the early 1920s, the two-story home sits on three acres of land near celebrity hot spot Chateau Marmont. In addition to the main house, Zillow reports, the gated estate features a carriage house, a garden and a gorgeous pool, complete with a waterfall.
The inside of the mansion is equally impressive. Visitors enter through a stately stone foyer with stained-glass windows, a sweeping staircase and arched doorways, which lead off into other areas of the 8,835-square-foot home. Included among the seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms is a huge, four-room master suite, two guest suites, and staff quarters.
PHOTOS: Celebrity dream homes
There's also a large living room with a small balcony that looks out onto the Hollywood Hills, as well as a big, open kitchen with an island that seats four and a cushioned breakfast nook off to the side. A low-ceilinged dining room offers additional seating, as does a small, arched eat-in area.
Perry, 28, is set to release a new album this summer. She recently split from singer-songwriter John Mayer.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Justin Timberlake, Kristen Bell and more stars enjoying summery activities -- from golf and tennis to romps on the beach and more!Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian and more pregnant stars show off their baby bumps over the holiday weekend on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHorsing Around
From Crowd Ignite