Katy Perry selling mansion she bought with Russell Brand for $6.925 million
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage.com1 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Wire Image/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Twitter8 of 9
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Katy Perry is finally getting rid of the last vestiges of her marriage to Russell Brand. Nine months after the pair finalized their July 2012 divorce, the singer is selling the Hollywood Hills mansion they bought together shortly before news of their split went public. According to real estate site Zillow, Perry had been trying to sell the 1920s-era home quietly but is now listing it publicly for $6.925 million.
Records indicate that the former lovebirds, who wed in October 2010, purchased the property for $6.5 million in June 2011. They reportedly planned to redo it and then move in, but those plans were scrapped when Brand filed for divorce six months later.
Built in the early 1920s, the two-story home sits on three acres of land near celebrity hot spot Chateau Marmont. In addition to the main house, Zillow reports, the gated estate features a carriage house, a garden and a gorgeous pool, complete with a waterfall.
The inside of the mansion is equally impressive. Visitors enter through a stately stone foyer with stained-glass windows, a sweeping staircase and arched doorways, which lead off into other areas of the 8,835-square-foot home. Included among the seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms is a huge, four-room master suite, two guest suites, and staff quarters.
PHOTOS: Celebrity dream homes
There's also a large living room with a small balcony that looks out onto the Hollywood Hills, as well as a big, open kitchen with an island that seats four and a cushioned breakfast nook off to the side. A low-ceilinged dining room offers additional seating, as does a small, arched eat-in area.
Perry, 28, is set to release a new album this summer. She recently split from singer-songwriter John Mayer.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite