Katy Perry Wasn't Ready to Have a Baby With Russell Brand
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Nick Sadler/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: SNAPPER/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: PMK/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Parade/.6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Fallen Star/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Wonderwall9 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media CampaignMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM
- LA's Made in America concert set to rock downtownMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:18:48 AM
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'GuardiaMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade Before the WeddingMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:09:00 AM
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts HospitalizedMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media Campaign
Moviegoers checking out "Katy Perry: Part of Me" this weekend will get a lot more than Technicolor live renditions of Perry's chart-topping hits on the big screen (and in 3D!).
In between snippets of concert performances, the 27-year-old superstar drops one hint after another about the rise and fall of her marriage to Russell Brand during her massive 2011 tour -- including their disagreements over starting a family.
In one backstage scene of the documentary, Brand texts Perry a picture from McDonald's and jokes that they should name their child "Ronald."
But a few minutes later, the "Wide Awake" singer admits that babies are definitely not on her immediate agenda.
"A baby can't have a baby -- and I'm still a baby," she says.
Alas, a source close to British comic Brand, 37, confirms to Us Weekly that children were a sore spot for the couple, who called it quits after just 14 months of marriage last December.
"[Russell] feels there's no point in being married if you don't have kids," the source says. These days, the "Rock of Ages" actor "is ready to move on," the source adds.
Tell Us: Are you going to see "Part of Me" this weekend?
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Katy Perry Wasn't Ready to Have a Baby With Russell Brand
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite