Katy Perry Wasn't Ready to Have a Baby With Russell Brand
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Nick Sadler/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: SNAPPER/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: PMK/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Parade/.6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Fallen Star/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Wonderwall9 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Moviegoers checking out "Katy Perry: Part of Me" this weekend will get a lot more than Technicolor live renditions of Perry's chart-topping hits on the big screen (and in 3D!).
In between snippets of concert performances, the 27-year-old superstar drops one hint after another about the rise and fall of her marriage to Russell Brand during her massive 2011 tour -- including their disagreements over starting a family.
In one backstage scene of the documentary, Brand texts Perry a picture from McDonald's and jokes that they should name their child "Ronald."
But a few minutes later, the "Wide Awake" singer admits that babies are definitely not on her immediate agenda.
"A baby can't have a baby -- and I'm still a baby," she says.
Alas, a source close to British comic Brand, 37, confirms to Us Weekly that children were a sore spot for the couple, who called it quits after just 14 months of marriage last December.
"[Russell] feels there's no point in being married if you don't have kids," the source says. These days, the "Rock of Ages" actor "is ready to move on," the source adds.
Tell Us: Are you going to see "Part of Me" this weekend?
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Katy Perry Wasn't Ready to Have a Baby With Russell Brand
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite