Katy Perry Wasn't Ready to Have a Baby With Russell Brand
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Nick Sadler/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: SNAPPER/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: PMK/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Parade/.6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Fallen Star/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Wonderwall9 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Moviegoers checking out "Katy Perry: Part of Me" this weekend will get a lot more than Technicolor live renditions of Perry's chart-topping hits on the big screen (and in 3D!).
In between snippets of concert performances, the 27-year-old superstar drops one hint after another about the rise and fall of her marriage to Russell Brand during her massive 2011 tour -- including their disagreements over starting a family.
In one backstage scene of the documentary, Brand texts Perry a picture from McDonald's and jokes that they should name their child "Ronald."
But a few minutes later, the "Wide Awake" singer admits that babies are definitely not on her immediate agenda.
"A baby can't have a baby -- and I'm still a baby," she says.
Alas, a source close to British comic Brand, 37, confirms to Us Weekly that children were a sore spot for the couple, who called it quits after just 14 months of marriage last December.
"[Russell] feels there's no point in being married if you don't have kids," the source says. These days, the "Rock of Ages" actor "is ready to move on," the source adds.
Tell Us: Are you going to see "Part of Me" this weekend?
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Katy Perry Wasn't Ready to Have a Baby With Russell Brand
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite