Katy Perry Wasn't Ready to Have a Baby With Russell Brand
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Nick Sadler/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: SNAPPER/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: PMK/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Parade/.6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Fallen Star/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Wonderwall9 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Moviegoers checking out "Katy Perry: Part of Me" this weekend will get a lot more than Technicolor live renditions of Perry's chart-topping hits on the big screen (and in 3D!).
In between snippets of concert performances, the 27-year-old superstar drops one hint after another about the rise and fall of her marriage to Russell Brand during her massive 2011 tour -- including their disagreements over starting a family.
In one backstage scene of the documentary, Brand texts Perry a picture from McDonald's and jokes that they should name their child "Ronald."
But a few minutes later, the "Wide Awake" singer admits that babies are definitely not on her immediate agenda.
"A baby can't have a baby -- and I'm still a baby," she says.
Alas, a source close to British comic Brand, 37, confirms to Us Weekly that children were a sore spot for the couple, who called it quits after just 14 months of marriage last December.
"[Russell] feels there's no point in being married if you don't have kids," the source says. These days, the "Rock of Ages" actor "is ready to move on," the source adds.
Tell Us: Are you going to see "Part of Me" this weekend?
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Katy Perry Wasn't Ready to Have a Baby With Russell Brand
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham mourns the loss of her bicycle on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite