Katy Perry Wows in Patriotic Leotard at Kids' Inaugural Concert
- Photo: Ron Sachs/CNP/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet6 of 16
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Dream Foundation/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: @katyperry/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
President Barack Obama's second Inauguration got off to an explosive start on Saturday when "Firework" singer Katy Perry hit the stage for the Kids' Inaugural Concert in Washington, D.C. Perry didn't bring any real fireworks with her, but she didn't need to -- her performance was spectacle enough.
Showing off her patriotic spirit in a sexy stars-and-stripes-themed leotard, the pop icon sang several of her biggest hits, including "Teenage Dream," "Part of Me," "Wide Awake," and "Firework," which was accompanied by a slideshow of photos showing President Obama in action. First Lady Michelle Obama and her daughters, Malia, 14, and Sasha, 11, sat front row at the show and clapped and danced along to Perry's performance.
"I'm very proud to be here," Perry said, "and to see the Obamas and the Bidens here for four more years!"
Earlier in the night, the crowd at the Washington Convention Center was treated to sets by Usher, Mindless Behavior, Far East Movement, and members of the cast of Glee. Usher -- clad in black leather pants, a matching jacket, and red sneakers -- kicked off the festivities with a high-energy performance of "Yeah!," followed by "Without You" and "OMG."
Nick Cannon emceed the star-studded event, which honors America's military families and was streamed live to military bases around the country. But he got an assist from the First Lady.
"Inauguration is a really big deal. There's balls. Everybody dresses up and dances," Mrs. Obama told the audience. "Let me tell you: I love every single minute of it. Every single minute. But I have to tell you that my very favorite part of this entire weekend is being right here with all of you."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite