Katy Perry's Colorist: Why She Dyed Her Hair Blue After Split
- Photo: Eric Berlanger/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/KCA2010/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Venturelli/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Mark Sullivan/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/AMA2011/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Tony Barson/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Paul Redmond/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Twitter14 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Feelin' blue and lookin' blue, too?
Katy Perry may be licking the wounds from her failed 14-month marriage to Russell Brand -- he pulled the trigger with a Dec. 30 divorce filing -- but that has nothing to do with her latest hair color, which she debuted Thursday in Santa Barbara, Calif., during a shoot for an Adidas ad.
"Katy wanted to go this particular color blue for a few weeks now," the newly single singer's colorist Rita Hazan told Us Weekly in an exclusive chat.
The blonde shade that Perry, 26, showed off in December (with Brand, 36, at her side!) "was not an interim shade," Hazan points out. "She knew it wouldn't be permanent -- just another Katy Perry look!"
"It didn't take long to transition to this color as we have been working together previously," the celeb stylist adds. "We have a great relationship -- Katy is the ideal client because she loves to be creative and unpredictable with her look."
"She was great, really nice. She seemed happy," Perry fan Eric Berlanger said of Perry's demeanor on the Adidas set Thursday.
Adds a pal close to the "Firework" singer: "She is all about moving on now."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLiving Apart
From Crowd Ignite