Kellie Pickler on Shaving Her Head: 'It's Just Hair!'
- Photo: Athena Water/.1 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.2 of 16
- Photo: .3 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.4 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.5 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.6 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America9 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America10 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America11 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America12 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
Kellie Pickler is a fully committed cancer buddy.
The 26-year-old country music singer recently shaved her head in support of her best friend, Summer Holt Miller, 35, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in June.
Pickler sat down on Ellen DeGeneres' show Friday and opened up about her decision to go bald with her friend.
"It's just hair!" she said. "I will be honest with you, I was a little nervous and she was too. [We thought], 'I hope we don't have some crazy birthmark or wort or mole or something . . . but we had fun."
The singer revealed that her grandmother passed away from cancer the "very next morning after being diagnosed." Pickler wanted to be there through chemotherapy with Miller.
"When Summer was diagnosed with breast cancer back in June we made a pact that we'd shave our heads together," she said. "I think it's important to have a cancer buddy."
Miller started chemo last week and Pickler said she's "doing good."
"Of course, it's hard," she added. "It's hard on your body, it's hard on your mind. It's not an easy thing to go through. But she's a strong woman and she's handled it with such grace."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Katy Perry and John Mayer to Paula Patton and Robin Thicke, get the scoop on all the breakups in Hollywood.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the rumors surrounding Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite