Kellie Pickler on Shaving Her Head: 'It's Just Hair!'
- Photo: Athena Water/.1 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.2 of 16
- Photo: .3 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.4 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.5 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.6 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America9 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America10 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America11 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America12 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
Kellie Pickler is a fully committed cancer buddy.
The 26-year-old country music singer recently shaved her head in support of her best friend, Summer Holt Miller, 35, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in June.
Pickler sat down on Ellen DeGeneres' show Friday and opened up about her decision to go bald with her friend.
"It's just hair!" she said. "I will be honest with you, I was a little nervous and she was too. [We thought], 'I hope we don't have some crazy birthmark or wort or mole or something . . . but we had fun."
The singer revealed that her grandmother passed away from cancer the "very next morning after being diagnosed." Pickler wanted to be there through chemotherapy with Miller.
"When Summer was diagnosed with breast cancer back in June we made a pact that we'd shave our heads together," she said. "I think it's important to have a cancer buddy."
Miller started chemo last week and Pickler said she's "doing good."
"Of course, it's hard," she added. "It's hard on your body, it's hard on your mind. It's not an easy thing to go through. But she's a strong woman and she's handled it with such grace."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite