Kellie Pickler on Shaving Her Head: 'It's Just Hair!'
- Photo: Athena Water/.1 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.2 of 16
- Photo: .3 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.4 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.5 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.6 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America9 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America10 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America11 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America12 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Review: Fighting and losing in Iran, then and nowMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 11:17:00 AM
- Review: Pitt and his zombies entertain in 'WWZ'MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 10:58:01 AM
- 'Iron Man 3' Tops $400M at Domestic Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 10:56:02 AM
- McDreamy part of all-American team at Le MansMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 10:36:29 AM
- Drafthouse Films Acquires Obscure 1979 Sci-Fi Movie 'The Visitor,' Starring John HMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 10:13:59 AM
- Review: Fighting and losing in Iran, then and now
Kellie Pickler is a fully committed cancer buddy.
The 26-year-old country music singer recently shaved her head in support of her best friend, Summer Holt Miller, 35, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in June.
Pickler sat down on Ellen DeGeneres' show Friday and opened up about her decision to go bald with her friend.
"It's just hair!" she said. "I will be honest with you, I was a little nervous and she was too. [We thought], 'I hope we don't have some crazy birthmark or wort or mole or something . . . but we had fun."
The singer revealed that her grandmother passed away from cancer the "very next morning after being diagnosed." Pickler wanted to be there through chemotherapy with Miller.
"When Summer was diagnosed with breast cancer back in June we made a pact that we'd shave our heads together," she said. "I think it's important to have a cancer buddy."
Miller started chemo last week and Pickler said she's "doing good."
"Of course, it's hard," she added. "It's hard on your body, it's hard on your mind. It's not an easy thing to go through. But she's a strong woman and she's handled it with such grace."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite