Kellie Pickler on Shaving Her Head: 'It's Just Hair!'
- Photo: Athena Water/.1 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.2 of 16
- Photo: .3 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.4 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.5 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.6 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America9 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America10 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America11 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America12 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Kellie Pickler is a fully committed cancer buddy.
The 26-year-old country music singer recently shaved her head in support of her best friend, Summer Holt Miller, 35, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in June.
Pickler sat down on Ellen DeGeneres' show Friday and opened up about her decision to go bald with her friend.
"It's just hair!" she said. "I will be honest with you, I was a little nervous and she was too. [We thought], 'I hope we don't have some crazy birthmark or wort or mole or something . . . but we had fun."
The singer revealed that her grandmother passed away from cancer the "very next morning after being diagnosed." Pickler wanted to be there through chemotherapy with Miller.
"When Summer was diagnosed with breast cancer back in June we made a pact that we'd shave our heads together," she said. "I think it's important to have a cancer buddy."
Miller started chemo last week and Pickler said she's "doing good."
"Of course, it's hard," she added. "It's hard on your body, it's hard on your mind. It's not an easy thing to go through. But she's a strong woman and she's handled it with such grace."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite