Kellie Pickler Shaves Her Head
- Photo: Athena Water/.1 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.2 of 16
- Photo: .3 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.4 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.5 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.6 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America9 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America10 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America11 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America12 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson InterviewMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:55:00 AM
- Coroner: Peaches Geldof Died of Heroin OverdoseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson Interview
No, Kellie Pickler hasn't pulled a "Britney," the decision to shave her head actually began in her heart.
In a beautiful show of solidarity, the "100 Proof" singer buzzed off her locks after her best friend, Summer Miller, was diagnosed with breast cancer. Prior to embarking on her chemotherapy treatment, Pickler and Miller simultaneously shaved their heads to bring awareness to the importance of early detection and documented the whole process (video aired on GMA today).
"Cancer does not discriminate," Pickler says. Miller, 36, concurred, adding, "If this compels even one person to change their mentality toward waiting until the age of 40 for their mammogram, then it will be worth it."
Pickler also paired with Athena Water, which will make a monetary donation to the American Cancer Society in Miller's honor. Additionally, Athena will contribute a minimum of $2 million to support breast cancer awareness, care, education and research by 2014.
For more information, click here!
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite