Kelly Clarkson eloping, not pregnant: Singer squashes rumors
- Photo: SC2/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Twitter2 of 7
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images North America3 of 7
- Photo: Dario Cantatore/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Instagram5 of 7
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Bryan Singer's Lawyer Claims the 'X-Men' Director Was Not in Hawaii DurinMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 11:03:00 AM
- 'Captain America' and 'Rio 2' Battle for No. 1 at Box Office AftMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 8:42:00 AM
- 'Transcendence' Tanks for Johnny Depp's 4th Box-Office Flop in RowMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:59:00 AM
- First Lady Michelle Obama to Appear on NashvilleMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)
Now hear this: Kelly Clarkson is not going to be a bride with child. The "Stronger" singer, 31, took to her Twitter account late Thursday to clear up widespread confusion about her just-announced plans to elope with fiance Brandon Blackstock -- and the quickly ensuing rumors that she was pregnant with her first child.
"FYI ....Brandon & I are getting married & no I am not pregnant," the Grammy winner wrote. "We are eloping for one reason only. We both want an intimate ceremony."
Dating since early 2012, Clarkson and talent manager Blackstock -- son of Clarkson's longtime manager Narvel Blackstock and the stepson of Reba McEntire -- announced their engagement back in December 2012. And although the inaugural American Idol winner had been sharing details of her elaborate October wedding plans, including several stunning engagement photos, with her fans, she recently hinted that the big white wedding thing was exhausting.
"It's two months away. It's end of October. I'm so over it," she told Ryan Seacrest earlier this week of the nuptials. "It's so overwhelming. We're just doing a lot: touring and the wedding and the Christmas album, so I'm over the wedding part."
As for child rearing, Clarkson is, for now, happy to be a stepmother to her fiance's two kids from a previous marriage.
"I have a 12-year-old and a 6-year-old now . . . after being single for six years!" Clarkson told Seacrest. "We all live together and everything . . . it's so different, but it's perfect. They're awesome and I actually really dig the mom thing . . . I am quick to go, 'I told you not to touch that!' . . . I am totally my mom. My mom was a hard mom."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite