Kelly Clarkson eloping, not pregnant: Singer squashes rumors
- Photo: SC2/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Twitter2 of 7
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images North America3 of 7
- Photo: Dario Cantatore/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Instagram5 of 7
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Now hear this: Kelly Clarkson is not going to be a bride with child. The "Stronger" singer, 31, took to her Twitter account late Thursday to clear up widespread confusion about her just-announced plans to elope with fiance Brandon Blackstock -- and the quickly ensuing rumors that she was pregnant with her first child.
"FYI ....Brandon & I are getting married & no I am not pregnant," the Grammy winner wrote. "We are eloping for one reason only. We both want an intimate ceremony."
Dating since early 2012, Clarkson and talent manager Blackstock -- son of Clarkson's longtime manager Narvel Blackstock and the stepson of Reba McEntire -- announced their engagement back in December 2012. And although the inaugural American Idol winner had been sharing details of her elaborate October wedding plans, including several stunning engagement photos, with her fans, she recently hinted that the big white wedding thing was exhausting.
"It's two months away. It's end of October. I'm so over it," she told Ryan Seacrest earlier this week of the nuptials. "It's so overwhelming. We're just doing a lot: touring and the wedding and the Christmas album, so I'm over the wedding part."
As for child rearing, Clarkson is, for now, happy to be a stepmother to her fiance's two kids from a previous marriage.
"I have a 12-year-old and a 6-year-old now . . . after being single for six years!" Clarkson told Seacrest. "We all live together and everything . . . it's so different, but it's perfect. They're awesome and I actually really dig the mom thing . . . I am quick to go, 'I told you not to touch that!' . . . I am totally my mom. My mom was a hard mom."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite