Kelly Clarkson eloping, not pregnant: Singer squashes rumors
- Photo: SC2/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Twitter2 of 7
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images North America3 of 7
- Photo: Dario Cantatore/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Instagram5 of 7
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Now hear this: Kelly Clarkson is not going to be a bride with child. The "Stronger" singer, 31, took to her Twitter account late Thursday to clear up widespread confusion about her just-announced plans to elope with fiance Brandon Blackstock -- and the quickly ensuing rumors that she was pregnant with her first child.
"FYI ....Brandon & I are getting married & no I am not pregnant," the Grammy winner wrote. "We are eloping for one reason only. We both want an intimate ceremony."
Dating since early 2012, Clarkson and talent manager Blackstock -- son of Clarkson's longtime manager Narvel Blackstock and the stepson of Reba McEntire -- announced their engagement back in December 2012. And although the inaugural American Idol winner had been sharing details of her elaborate October wedding plans, including several stunning engagement photos, with her fans, she recently hinted that the big white wedding thing was exhausting.
"It's two months away. It's end of October. I'm so over it," she told Ryan Seacrest earlier this week of the nuptials. "It's so overwhelming. We're just doing a lot: touring and the wedding and the Christmas album, so I'm over the wedding part."
As for child rearing, Clarkson is, for now, happy to be a stepmother to her fiance's two kids from a previous marriage.
"I have a 12-year-old and a 6-year-old now . . . after being single for six years!" Clarkson told Seacrest. "We all live together and everything . . . it's so different, but it's perfect. They're awesome and I actually really dig the mom thing . . . I am quick to go, 'I told you not to touch that!' . . . I am totally my mom. My mom was a hard mom."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite