Kelly Clarkson gets marriage license in anticipation of wedding to Brandon Blackstock
- Photo: JDH Imagez/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Twitter2 of 11
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Instagram3 of 11
- Photo: Instagram4 of 11
- Photo: GettyImages.com5 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: GettyImages.com7 of 11
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images North America8 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Win McNamee/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Licensed to wed! Kelly Clarkson and fiance Brandon Blackstock have taken a crucial step on the road to wedded bliss -- they got their marriage license! The "Catch My Breath" singer and her husband-to-be appeared in person in Tennessee to obtain the document on Oct. 15, Us Weekly can confirm.
A marriage license is good for 30 days from the date of issue, which means the couple's wedding is happening any day now. Engaged since December 2012, the "American Idol" winner and her fiancé originally planned to marry in a huge ceremony at the end of this month but scrapped those plans in August when things started to get too crazy.
"I'm so over it," Clarkson, 31, told Ryan Seacrest this summer of wedding prep. "It's so overwhelming. We're just doing a lot," she explained. "Touring, and the wedding, and the Christmas album ... so I'm over the wedding part."
Just a few days after that interview, she announced plans to elope. "We are eloping for one reason only," she tweeted on Aug. 22. "We both want an intimate ceremony."
Something else they want? Kids! The Grammy winner has settled nicely into family life with Blackstock and his two kids from a previous relationship, and she can't wait to welcome a few little rugrats of her own.
"I want babies, like, right off the bat!" she said during an interview for "Elvis Duran and the Morning Show" on Oct. 9. "I'm totally gonna have a girl. My first child will be a girl -- I know it in my soul."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite