Kelly Clarkson gets marriage license in anticipation of wedding to Brandon Blackstock
- Photo: JDH Imagez/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Twitter2 of 11
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Instagram3 of 11
- Photo: Instagram4 of 11
- Photo: GettyImages.com5 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: GettyImages.com7 of 11
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images North America8 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Win McNamee/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
Licensed to wed! Kelly Clarkson and fiance Brandon Blackstock have taken a crucial step on the road to wedded bliss -- they got their marriage license! The "Catch My Breath" singer and her husband-to-be appeared in person in Tennessee to obtain the document on Oct. 15, Us Weekly can confirm.
A marriage license is good for 30 days from the date of issue, which means the couple's wedding is happening any day now. Engaged since December 2012, the "American Idol" winner and her fiancé originally planned to marry in a huge ceremony at the end of this month but scrapped those plans in August when things started to get too crazy.
"I'm so over it," Clarkson, 31, told Ryan Seacrest this summer of wedding prep. "It's so overwhelming. We're just doing a lot," she explained. "Touring, and the wedding, and the Christmas album ... so I'm over the wedding part."
Just a few days after that interview, she announced plans to elope. "We are eloping for one reason only," she tweeted on Aug. 22. "We both want an intimate ceremony."
Something else they want? Kids! The Grammy winner has settled nicely into family life with Blackstock and his two kids from a previous relationship, and she can't wait to welcome a few little rugrats of her own.
"I want babies, like, right off the bat!" she said during an interview for "Elvis Duran and the Morning Show" on Oct. 9. "I'm totally gonna have a girl. My first child will be a girl -- I know it in my soul."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite