Kelly Clarkson gets marriage license in anticipation of wedding to Brandon Blackstock
- Photo: JDH Imagez/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Twitter2 of 11
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Instagram3 of 11
- Photo: Instagram4 of 11
- Photo: GettyImages.com5 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: GettyImages.com7 of 11
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images North America8 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Win McNamee/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones RomanceMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:49:00 PM
- Tumblr Tops Twitter's Social TV Activity, Says New StudyMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Comedy Group Dr. God Sets Up AXS TV Show, Wraps First Feature (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: 5 TakeawaysMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Mean Girls Star Daniel Franzese Comes OutMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:03:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones Romance
Licensed to wed! Kelly Clarkson and fiance Brandon Blackstock have taken a crucial step on the road to wedded bliss -- they got their marriage license! The "Catch My Breath" singer and her husband-to-be appeared in person in Tennessee to obtain the document on Oct. 15, Us Weekly can confirm.
A marriage license is good for 30 days from the date of issue, which means the couple's wedding is happening any day now. Engaged since December 2012, the "American Idol" winner and her fiancé originally planned to marry in a huge ceremony at the end of this month but scrapped those plans in August when things started to get too crazy.
"I'm so over it," Clarkson, 31, told Ryan Seacrest this summer of wedding prep. "It's so overwhelming. We're just doing a lot," she explained. "Touring, and the wedding, and the Christmas album ... so I'm over the wedding part."
Just a few days after that interview, she announced plans to elope. "We are eloping for one reason only," she tweeted on Aug. 22. "We both want an intimate ceremony."
Something else they want? Kids! The Grammy winner has settled nicely into family life with Blackstock and his two kids from a previous relationship, and she can't wait to welcome a few little rugrats of her own.
"I want babies, like, right off the bat!" she said during an interview for "Elvis Duran and the Morning Show" on Oct. 9. "I'm totally gonna have a girl. My first child will be a girl -- I know it in my soul."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite