Kelly Clarkson Too 'Busy' For Wedding, Will Elope
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: Kelly Clarkson/Twitter2 of 9
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Twitter3 of 9
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Instagram4 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 9
- Photo: SC2/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Darryl Webb/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- VIDEO: Kathy Bates on Her Personal Ties to American Horror Story: Freak ShowMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:51:00 AM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social Me
For those lucky guys and gals invited to Kelly Clarkson's wedding, there's no need to save the date anymore! The bride-to-be just announced her plans to forgo a big ceremony because she's too "busy."
"We just got so overwhelmed by it -- all the decisions," Clarkson revealed to People magazine Wednesday of her and fiance Brandon Blackstock's decision to elope.
"I have a Christmas record coming out. I'm doing a bunch of stuff with State Farm right now. We have two kids who just started school. We're going to all these football games and soccer games and volleyball games and [Brandon]'s got one of the biggest artists [Blake Shelton] in country music. He's flying everywhere."
Though they'd already sent out invitations, the 31-year-old singer divulged that she and her fiance had already notified guests (via their engagement photo) that the fall service was off. Rather than call off the nuptials, the pair decided on an intimate ceremony with just Blackstock's two kids and the minister.
"Our whole life is a celebration," Clarkson explained. "That's what we kept laughing about. We don't need another day where we throw a big party. Our lives are so in the spotlight all the time. Everything is such a spectacle, we were like, 'We would rather have an intimate moment that's special.'"
The former "American Idol" winner announced her engagement to Blackstock last December via Twitter after the pair had been dating for one year.
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDebuts Baby Bump!
From Crowd Ignite