Kelly Osbourne "Took More Hell" for Weight Than Drug Addiction
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com1 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Stuart Ramson/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Roshan Perera/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: Fame Pictures5 of 10
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: Laurent Despois/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
Kelly Osbourne checked into rehab for drug and alcohol addiction three times.
But the singer, 25, tells the new Us Weekly (on newsstands now): "I took more hell for being fat than I did for being an absolute raging drug addict. I will never understand that."
The 5-foot-2 Osbourne, who once weighed "almost 160" pounds, recalls walking down the street one day and "some horrible obnoxious teenager screamed out a car window to me, 'You're fat!'" she tells Us Weekly. "I went to my parents [Sharon and Ozzy] bawling, 'I would rather be called ugly than be called fat!'"
She tells Us Weekly she "hated" herself because of her weight and "never wanted to do anything to fix it ... For a very long time, Mrs. Field's salted cookies were my favorite thing in the world ... It's hard to get out of a hole you've dug so deeply."
Today, after years of yo-yo dieting, Osbourne has lost 42 pounds the healthy way -- through regular exercise and a portion-controlled diet.
"I'm really proud to look in the mirror and not hate every single thing I see," she tells Us Weekly. "I no longer think, 'Why don't I look like this girl or that girl?'"
For more about how she lost the weight and kept it off, pick up the new Us Weekly today.
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite