Kimberly Perry engaged to baseball star J.P. Arencibia after romantic proposal
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com2 of 11
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com3 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Laura Farr/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Rick Diamond/ACMA2013/GettyImages.com7 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Laura Farr/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Wade Payne/Invision/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Teams With Spritz Reading App to Make EveryonMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:38:00 AM
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' First Reveal at Comic-Con: Philip Seymour Hoffman IntroMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:14:00 AM
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:49:00 AM
- Is WGN America's Manhattan a Blast? 4 Reasons to Watch the Atomic DramaMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:30:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Scores $2.74 Million on Thursday Night, 'Hercules' GruntsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:24:00 AM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Teams With Spritz Reading App to Make Everyon
Strike up the band! Kimberly Perry is engaged to J.P. Arencibia, her rep confirms to Us Weekly.
The Tennessean was the first to report on the happy news. According to the newspaper, The Band Perry singer, 30, accepted the Toronto Blue Jays catcher's proposal on Monday, Sept. 30.
Winning the approval of Perry's family -- including brothers/bandmates Neil and Reid Perry -- Arencibia, 27, surprised his girlfriend at her parents' home in Greeneville, Tenn. The "If I Die Young" singer had dreamed of getting proposed to under a large oak tree in the yard while wearing a favorite pink dress, and Arencibia made it come true. He sent Perry inside to change, and her family had a special letter and bracelet waiting for her in her room.
"I got to read the letter and get dressed and put on my grandfather's bracelet," she told The Tennessean. "I came back out on the front porch and he was standing there and he got down on one knee. It was perfect."
Perry began dating the MLB player a year-and-a-half ago after meeting at the Florida Strawberry Festival in Plant City, Fla. in February 2012. Arencibia met Perry backstage during a meet-and-greet, got her number and started dating a few months later.
"I've never felt that with anyone before," Perry told the paper of her fiance. "He's just a really gentle soul. He balances me for sure."
Perry's engagement ring, designed by a friend in Chicago, is her "absolute favorite" emerald cut and is 3 or 3.3 karats. The bride-and-groom-to-be are planning to marry next summer.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite