Kimberly Perry engaged to baseball star J.P. Arencibia after romantic proposal
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com2 of 11
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com3 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Laura Farr/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Rick Diamond/ACMA2013/GettyImages.com7 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Laura Farr/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Wade Payne/Invision/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Strike up the band! Kimberly Perry is engaged to J.P. Arencibia, her rep confirms to Us Weekly.
The Tennessean was the first to report on the happy news. According to the newspaper, The Band Perry singer, 30, accepted the Toronto Blue Jays catcher's proposal on Monday, Sept. 30.
Winning the approval of Perry's family -- including brothers/bandmates Neil and Reid Perry -- Arencibia, 27, surprised his girlfriend at her parents' home in Greeneville, Tenn. The "If I Die Young" singer had dreamed of getting proposed to under a large oak tree in the yard while wearing a favorite pink dress, and Arencibia made it come true. He sent Perry inside to change, and her family had a special letter and bracelet waiting for her in her room.
"I got to read the letter and get dressed and put on my grandfather's bracelet," she told The Tennessean. "I came back out on the front porch and he was standing there and he got down on one knee. It was perfect."
Perry began dating the MLB player a year-and-a-half ago after meeting at the Florida Strawberry Festival in Plant City, Fla. in February 2012. Arencibia met Perry backstage during a meet-and-greet, got her number and started dating a few months later.
"I've never felt that with anyone before," Perry told the paper of her fiance. "He's just a really gentle soul. He balances me for sure."
Perry's engagement ring, designed by a friend in Chicago, is her "absolute favorite" emerald cut and is 3 or 3.3 karats. The bride-and-groom-to-be are planning to marry next summer.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite