Kimberly Perry engaged to baseball star J.P. Arencibia after romantic proposal
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com2 of 11
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com3 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Laura Farr/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Rick Diamond/ACMA2013/GettyImages.com7 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Laura Farr/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Wade Payne/Invision/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Strike up the band! Kimberly Perry is engaged to J.P. Arencibia, her rep confirms to Us Weekly.
The Tennessean was the first to report on the happy news. According to the newspaper, The Band Perry singer, 30, accepted the Toronto Blue Jays catcher's proposal on Monday, Sept. 30.
Winning the approval of Perry's family -- including brothers/bandmates Neil and Reid Perry -- Arencibia, 27, surprised his girlfriend at her parents' home in Greeneville, Tenn. The "If I Die Young" singer had dreamed of getting proposed to under a large oak tree in the yard while wearing a favorite pink dress, and Arencibia made it come true. He sent Perry inside to change, and her family had a special letter and bracelet waiting for her in her room.
"I got to read the letter and get dressed and put on my grandfather's bracelet," she told The Tennessean. "I came back out on the front porch and he was standing there and he got down on one knee. It was perfect."
Perry began dating the MLB player a year-and-a-half ago after meeting at the Florida Strawberry Festival in Plant City, Fla. in February 2012. Arencibia met Perry backstage during a meet-and-greet, got her number and started dating a few months later.
"I've never felt that with anyone before," Perry told the paper of her fiance. "He's just a really gentle soul. He balances me for sure."
Perry's engagement ring, designed by a friend in Chicago, is her "absolute favorite" emerald cut and is 3 or 3.3 karats. The bride-and-groom-to-be are planning to marry next summer.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite