Kris Allen needs second wrist surgery after January car crash
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 6
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 6
- Photo: Jeff Daly/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 6
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 4:08 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 4:40:15 PM
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theftMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:54:20 PM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' Monologue
Kris Allen's road to recovery has taken a slight detour. The Season 8 "American Idol" winner broke his wrist during a January car accident, and now the 27-year-old singer is being forced to undergo surgery for the second time.
"There was always a good chance that it wouldn't heal properly because of how bad the break was," Allen explained on his official website on May 16. "My wrist has not healed like it should and I am going to need another surgery. My surgery will leave me with limited movement for the rest of my life but will take away the pain and give me most of my strength back."
"For those of you who are getting worried right about now ... don't," he continued. "I will be fine. After everything is healed, I will be able to play guitar. I will be able to play piano. I will be able to throw a baseball with my kid. I will be able to do the things that I love to do. Just not a proper push-up."
Allen, whose wife, Katy O'Connell, is pregnant with their first child, said that while his injury may affect his touring schedule, it won't prevent him from making more music. "On Monday I go under the knife and I'll make sure to keep you guys updated as much as possible," the singer-songwriter added. "I may be under the influence of some drugs, so I apologize for my tweets and posts in advance."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite