Kris Allen needs second wrist surgery after January car crash
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 6
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 6
- Photo: Jeff Daly/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 6
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)
Kris Allen's road to recovery has taken a slight detour. The Season 8 "American Idol" winner broke his wrist during a January car accident, and now the 27-year-old singer is being forced to undergo surgery for the second time.
"There was always a good chance that it wouldn't heal properly because of how bad the break was," Allen explained on his official website on May 16. "My wrist has not healed like it should and I am going to need another surgery. My surgery will leave me with limited movement for the rest of my life but will take away the pain and give me most of my strength back."
"For those of you who are getting worried right about now ... don't," he continued. "I will be fine. After everything is healed, I will be able to play guitar. I will be able to play piano. I will be able to throw a baseball with my kid. I will be able to do the things that I love to do. Just not a proper push-up."
Allen, whose wife, Katy O'Connell, is pregnant with their first child, said that while his injury may affect his touring schedule, it won't prevent him from making more music. "On Monday I go under the knife and I'll make sure to keep you guys updated as much as possible," the singer-songwriter added. "I may be under the influence of some drugs, so I apologize for my tweets and posts in advance."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJust Like Mom
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite