Kris Allen needs second wrist surgery after January car crash
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 6
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 6
- Photo: Jeff Daly/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 6
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 6
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Kris Allen's road to recovery has taken a slight detour. The Season 8 "American Idol" winner broke his wrist during a January car accident, and now the 27-year-old singer is being forced to undergo surgery for the second time.
"There was always a good chance that it wouldn't heal properly because of how bad the break was," Allen explained on his official website on May 16. "My wrist has not healed like it should and I am going to need another surgery. My surgery will leave me with limited movement for the rest of my life but will take away the pain and give me most of my strength back."
"For those of you who are getting worried right about now ... don't," he continued. "I will be fine. After everything is healed, I will be able to play guitar. I will be able to play piano. I will be able to throw a baseball with my kid. I will be able to do the things that I love to do. Just not a proper push-up."
Allen, whose wife, Katy O'Connell, is pregnant with their first child, said that while his injury may affect his touring schedule, it won't prevent him from making more music. "On Monday I go under the knife and I'll make sure to keep you guys updated as much as possible," the singer-songwriter added. "I may be under the influence of some drugs, so I apologize for my tweets and posts in advance."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite