Kris Allen needs second wrist surgery after January car crash
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 6
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 6
- Photo: Jeff Daly/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 6
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Kris Allen's road to recovery has taken a slight detour. The Season 8 "American Idol" winner broke his wrist during a January car accident, and now the 27-year-old singer is being forced to undergo surgery for the second time.
"There was always a good chance that it wouldn't heal properly because of how bad the break was," Allen explained on his official website on May 16. "My wrist has not healed like it should and I am going to need another surgery. My surgery will leave me with limited movement for the rest of my life but will take away the pain and give me most of my strength back."
"For those of you who are getting worried right about now ... don't," he continued. "I will be fine. After everything is healed, I will be able to play guitar. I will be able to play piano. I will be able to throw a baseball with my kid. I will be able to do the things that I love to do. Just not a proper push-up."
Allen, whose wife, Katy O'Connell, is pregnant with their first child, said that while his injury may affect his touring schedule, it won't prevent him from making more music. "On Monday I go under the knife and I'll make sure to keep you guys updated as much as possible," the singer-songwriter added. "I may be under the influence of some drugs, so I apologize for my tweets and posts in advance."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite