Kris Allen needs second wrist surgery after January car crash
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 6
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 6
- Photo: Jeff Daly/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 6
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:40:00 AM
- 'Mad Men's' Matthew Weiner Q&A: Are We Over-Analyzing TV?MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:25:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'
Kris Allen's road to recovery has taken a slight detour. The Season 8 "American Idol" winner broke his wrist during a January car accident, and now the 27-year-old singer is being forced to undergo surgery for the second time.
"There was always a good chance that it wouldn't heal properly because of how bad the break was," Allen explained on his official website on May 16. "My wrist has not healed like it should and I am going to need another surgery. My surgery will leave me with limited movement for the rest of my life but will take away the pain and give me most of my strength back."
"For those of you who are getting worried right about now ... don't," he continued. "I will be fine. After everything is healed, I will be able to play guitar. I will be able to play piano. I will be able to throw a baseball with my kid. I will be able to do the things that I love to do. Just not a proper push-up."
Allen, whose wife, Katy O'Connell, is pregnant with their first child, said that while his injury may affect his touring schedule, it won't prevent him from making more music. "On Monday I go under the knife and I'll make sure to keep you guys updated as much as possible," the singer-songwriter added. "I may be under the influence of some drugs, so I apologize for my tweets and posts in advance."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite