Lady Gaga: 'I Have Begun to Cherish My Loneliness'
- Photo: Han Myung-Gu/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Kin Cheung/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Sacco/Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: The Alan Carr Show/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.6 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Scott McLane/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: AO1/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: OWN via People/.12 of 16
- Photo: JJ/REHAB/Bauer-Griffin13 of 16
- Photo: Scott McLane/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look DealMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:54:27 AM
- Early Ratings: 'Sound of Music' Looks Like a Hit for NBCMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:46:24 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Reminds Viewers Just How Sensitive Los Angeles Reporters Are To 'Cold&aposMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:43:14 AM
- Jon Stewart on Fox Commentator's Brave Stance Against the Pope (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:37:11 AM
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auctionMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:30:59 AM
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look Deal
Lady Gaga is an independent woman, for better or worse.
On Lifetime's T"he Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" on Thursday, the 26-year-old pop star revealed she has "begun to cherish my loneliness. I have, sort of, since I was around 20 years old."
In the interview -- taped before her split with "The Vampire Diaries" actor Taylor Kinney, 30 -- Gaga (real name: Stefani Germanotta) admitted she was "very depressed when I was 19. I decided to pursue music, so I dropped out of school and I told my parents I didn't want any money from them. I got three jobs and I just hit the ground running."
"I would go back to my apartment every day and I would just sit there. It was quiet and it was lonely. It was still. It was just my piano and myself. I had a television and I would leave it on all the time just to feel like somebody was hanging out with me," she continued. "And especially during the period when I was doing cocaine. It was like the drug was my friend. I never did it with other people. It's such a terrible way to fill that void, because it just adds to that void, because it's not real."
Though she continued to use drugs for some time, the "Marry the Night" singer eventually had an epiphany: "I sort of f------ woke up one day and was like, 'You're an ass----. You're not an artist. If you were a real f------ artist, you'd be focused on your music. You wouldn't be spending your money on the white devil."
Gaga added that there is a "romanticism around drugs" with aspiring artists, "when really, you're just a f------ loser."
The Grammy winner soon kicked her drug habit "and I focused 150 percent of my energy on my happiness," she said. "'What do you want to do? What is it that you really want?'"
"The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" airs Thursdays at 11 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Lady Gaga: "I Have Begun to Cherish My Loneliness"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite