Lady Gaga: 'I Have Begun to Cherish My Loneliness'
- Photo: Han Myung-Gu/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Kin Cheung/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Sacco/Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: The Alan Carr Show/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.6 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Scott McLane/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: AO1/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: OWN via People/.12 of 16
- Photo: JJ/REHAB/Bauer-Griffin13 of 16
- Photo: Scott McLane/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York City
Lady Gaga is an independent woman, for better or worse.
On Lifetime's T"he Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" on Thursday, the 26-year-old pop star revealed she has "begun to cherish my loneliness. I have, sort of, since I was around 20 years old."
In the interview -- taped before her split with "The Vampire Diaries" actor Taylor Kinney, 30 -- Gaga (real name: Stefani Germanotta) admitted she was "very depressed when I was 19. I decided to pursue music, so I dropped out of school and I told my parents I didn't want any money from them. I got three jobs and I just hit the ground running."
"I would go back to my apartment every day and I would just sit there. It was quiet and it was lonely. It was still. It was just my piano and myself. I had a television and I would leave it on all the time just to feel like somebody was hanging out with me," she continued. "And especially during the period when I was doing cocaine. It was like the drug was my friend. I never did it with other people. It's such a terrible way to fill that void, because it just adds to that void, because it's not real."
Though she continued to use drugs for some time, the "Marry the Night" singer eventually had an epiphany: "I sort of f------ woke up one day and was like, 'You're an ass----. You're not an artist. If you were a real f------ artist, you'd be focused on your music. You wouldn't be spending your money on the white devil."
Gaga added that there is a "romanticism around drugs" with aspiring artists, "when really, you're just a f------ loser."
The Grammy winner soon kicked her drug habit "and I focused 150 percent of my energy on my happiness," she said. "'What do you want to do? What is it that you really want?'"
"The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" airs Thursdays at 11 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Lady Gaga: "I Have Begun to Cherish My Loneliness"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite